Honda Pioneer Forums banner

Spidi gloves vs Alpinestars

3K views 4 replies 0 participants last post by  AMTFGH 
G
#1 ·
I was wondering if y'all could chime in with your opinions about either Spidis or A-Stars gloves. Specifically I'm looking at:
-Alpinestars GP Plus
-Alpinestars SP1
-Spidi Sport Composite
-Spidi Sport Vent

They are all $150 or less, depending on the vendor. I like the looks of the Sport Composites the best, but since I have no experience with any of the products I thought I'd ask.

TIA! :thumb:

G
#2 ·
:thumb:I've worn both Spidi gloves & have crashed @ speed (80-85 mph) in the Race Vent... no problemo. No bruising, scrapes, cuts, or other injuries. The gloves were sewage after the fall, but hey --- they did their job to a T.

I've also have Spidi 2-pc leathers and they did rather well in the same get-off. Really very minor scuffing that I was able to tidy up afterwards so that you hardly even notice. I've also worn Spidi XPD boots with no complaints what so ever. And... I also have a Spidi Mask textile jacket that wears like iron.:)

I have owned A* boots & gloves and have been happy with them, but I probably could/would be just as happy with another top brand.

I think you'd be well satisfied with any of the gloves you mentioned.

Cheers

G
#5 ·
I have had Alpinestars GP Plus for about a month.

They are perforated between the fingers, so nice for summer weather. Third and fourth fingers are tied together - I use all fingers for clutch and one or two for brake.

The wrist portion of the glove is very tight making them difficult to get on and off, but once on the fit is perfect. I like them a lot so far.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.