Fog City Hyper Optiks
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Fog City Hyper Optiks

An Rás Mór

Fog City Hyper Optiks

Wondering if anyone has used any of the Fog City stuff? I've read a couple articles and reviews online as well as very good reviews by PB. I'm picking up a new helmet soon and I was thinking about trying the Hyper Optiks visor. Any body have any experience with these?

Jungleboy

Re: Fog City Hyper Optiks

I was after a fog city for my Shark RFS2 but the local store only had Progrip brand visor insert (same thing I guess) as I have started spending a fair bit of time at the track of late and no matter what the conditions my helmet fogs up instantly (I think my big face is too close to the visor) Anyway I was a bit sceptical but it worked brilliantly the only thing is that you can see the perimeter of the insert which may be a little distracting for some people...

An Rás Mór

Eh, I wear glasses. I wouldn't think the perimeter would bother me too much. But thanks for responding, I guess no one has either used Fog City stuff or no one wanted to respond to a new guy.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by An Rás Mór View Post
    Eh, I wear glasses. I wouldn't think the perimeter would bother me too much. But thanks for responding, I guess no one has either used Fog City stuff or no one wanted to respond to a new guy.
    I could reply and say I haven't used one if that would help?

I use the Foggy brand of breath guards.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have used an amber Fog City shield on a few of my helmet visors. I really like them quite a bit. Not just for the fog-free aspect, but also for the hi-def view you get from it.
    I haven't yet put one in my new helmet, as it has a pretty good anti-fog system and shield built in, but I am looking for an amber laminate for the exterior of the shield.

MR_TiGGer

Bit late in the day but I love my Fog City insert but only 9/10 as it scratches way too easy

markypea

I know that this is well past the original post date but anyhow...
    +1 Mr Tigger
    Have used them for past five years in various guises:
    Clear visor + Hyperoptiks = Too light but good if you're going to get caught at night
    Light Smoke visor + Hyperoptiks = Good compromise, okay (ish) for night, darker for sunny days
    I think it comes down to no visor currently will do all jobs. So I now use a black visor with clear insert or a road legal iridium with a black insert, and a clear with the hyper in.Wouldn't do without a FogCity now but they do require you to be careful with the inside of the visor!

playwme

I love the things. Every time I buy a new visor I buy a HyperOptik insert. Keeps it from fogging up, and the light reactive properties really make a difference with the glare. It's hard to notice till you use a visor without one, but saves having different visors with different tints. They're not really cheap, but if it means I don't have to have my visor open a bit when it's minus 5 degrees C then I'll spend the money.

Sprinter

Same for me. Cant imagine not having one now.A must have whenever I buy a new helmet