Bullet proof vests?
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Bullet proof vests?

forceten

Bullet proof vests?

Went to the NYC bike show this past sunday (have tons of pictures that i will post later). Was a great show! For those that went, man that stunt team was crazy inside that globe!

Anyway, besides seeing all the custom bikes and new bikes on the way (and goodies) I started to notice a lot of the bike clubs and groups were wearing vests that looked like replica bullet proof vests. Not just a few but dozens. Some had the real deal and some were just for show. Is this the new leather jacket for riders now?

deez

Re: Bullet proof vests?

It's just fashion for them dude. I find it very stupid.

stolen 5.0

I seen someone wearing one also a few years ago. It's just an armor'd vest for riding

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

A.F.T.C.T.T.G.

Quote Originally Posted by stolen 5.0 View Post
    I seen someone wearing one also a few years ago. It's just an armor'd vest for riding
    Quote Originally Posted by deez View Post
    It's just fashion for them dude. I find it very stupid.
    Quote Originally Posted by forceten View Post
    Went to the NYC bike show this past sunday (have tons of pictures that i will post later). Was a great show! For those that went, man that stunt team was crazy inside that globe!

Anyway, besides seeing all the custom bikes and new bikes on the way (and goodies) I started to notice a lot of the bike clubs and groups were wearing vests that looked like replica bullet proof vests. Not just a few but dozens. Some had the real deal and some were just for show. Is this the new leather jacket for riders now?
    You mean something "stupid" like this. This will save your back just a "little bit".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Bullet proof vests?-p3100010.jpg   Bullet proof vests?-p3100011.jpg  

SpikedLemon

Icon has that jacket thing with the external back protector. Functional but also for show.

Fastrr

I don't know, riding on the streets of Phoenix nowadays it's almost a requirement LOL. Seriously though we have phsycho's running the streets in Phoenix. Glad I'm not one.

CBRBob

No, what the original post was about is fake bulletproof vests that many 'gangsta' clubs have adopted instead of the traditional leather or denim vests. To each their own but personally...........Ew.

briflight

Well hey I got an old Kevlar vest in the closet from a job, Do ya think I could join? I wonder what my fellow officers would think?

CBRBob

They might look at you funny.... wondering why its so 'thick'....and not purple and shiny lol

gasoul

To inform you all, we are not "gangsta clubs" , the so called bullet proof vest is just that, its a cloth or leather type vest. There is no protection from bullets and very minimal protection in a fall. My club wear ours over our protective riding jackets. They are mostly to show off your colors, but all clubs still have a regular vest also.