Eye protection!
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Thread: Eye protection!

Maxsurgeon15

Eye protection!

I'm not sure about other states but here in Illinois we don't require helmets and all to often I find myself riding around without a helmet on (stupid.. I know) so Ive been looking for some cool looking eye protection! I was looking around and I found that you can design your own at oakley.com.. I picked out the radar frames with the path lenses, the frame will be chrome white, the lenses will be a pair yellow and a pair smoke gray, the ear socks will be red and the O will be metallic red. I'm also going to have "GodSpeed" etched into the lens. This is going to run me about 245 shipped. What do you guys think about that color scheme? Do any of you have any cool ideas or nice shades of your own?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Eye protection!

The best eye protection that I have seen that also looks cool is a HELMET!!!!!!

itrzach

Quote Originally Posted by Weasle1000RR View Post
    The best eye protection that I have seen that also looks cool is a HELMET!!!!!!

Wear a helmet...it might come in handy when you least expect it...

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Maxsurgeon15

Yeah I know I know I don't need the pep talk I know I should but thats not the angle of my topic, even though its cool to carry a helmet around in the mall sometimes its a hassle and I'm real close anyways.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

If he doesn't want to wear a helmet, then that is his decision. He values his head at $0.00. If that is all it is worth, then why invest in it?

Maxsurgeon15

Well I can appreciate that but again, thats not really the angle of this thread, I don't see much point in suiting up to go to the corner store.. Specially when I'm not even hitting anything but side roads.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Accidents can happen at any place or time. It does take much to cause brain injury, slow speeds or not. Why do you think some places/states require helmets for bicycles or a skateboard?

I think you have all the answers you are going to get. They are not the ones you want, but they are still opinions.

THE JESTER

Quote Originally Posted by Maxsurgeon15 View Post
    I'm also going to have "GodSpeed" etched into the lens.
    Well that says it all doesn't it !.
    After having a think about what would make good eye protection given the fact that you don't want to wear a helmet all I could come up with was a coffin lid , it should keep the dirt out of your eyes as they shovel it in . Bit harsh I know but we are trying to make a point here and keep you with us just that bit longer.

Maxsurgeon15

Yeah I figured I would get some sort of response along these lines but I figured I would take a chance. How about we pretend that I want to use them on my waverunners. Any favorites?

DUX

Are you looking for true eye protection or something "cool?" You repeat the word throughout your post, so I assume cool is the primary concern. Check the Harley forums. I'm only 1/2 joking as a vast majority of those riders go for style over performance or protection.

What's cool to you is not the same to others, and you're going to get a lot of opinions in this forum. In days past, the posters here wouldn't dream of riding without a helmet. Yes it's your choice, but please pay cash for your hospital bill if you have a get-off at and bang your brain in a situation that a helmet could have just let you walk away. Yes there is the argument that riding itself is a risk, but there are ways to minimize those risks.

The more years I put on the road the more my definition of "cool" changes.

The funniest thing I've seen to date is a guy on a sweet looking gixxer with matching blue and white helmet, nice looking and protective blue and white textile jacket, blue and white gloves...................topped off with khaki shorts, no socks and blue sneakers to match!

Maxsurgeon15

Well they are z10? I cant remember the number for the impact resistance rating but they are in the same class as industrial safety glasses so in that aspect they are safe for bugs and what not but yeah they also hold a "cool" aspect to them.. Hey I designed them myself! Haha But its not to say I don't wear a helmet almost all the time.. When I'm wearing a helmet most of the time the visor is removed or up and when I'm not wearing one I'm going to the gas station or have just picked up a girlfriend so she takes the protective gear so either way I have my shades on, helmet or not. But I like buying a new pair for each season and these really caught my eye. I also use them for my (parents) wave runners at my (parents) beach house so they will be for multiple uses.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Maxsurgeon15 View Post
    Well I can appreciate that but again, thats not really the angle of this thread, I don't see much point in suiting up to go to the corner store.. Specially when I'm not even hitting anything but side roads.
    Famous last words...

Maxsurgeon15

Alright!!! I get the point Ill wear my helmet!

HondaGalToo

Good. We're just tryin' to keep you alive. Isn't it nice to have folks you don't even know care about you?

On a related note, I'm thinking I'm going to now wear my helmet in the pits on my scooter, just going at slow speeds to the bathrooms. I've heard of people falling off their bikes or pitbikes at the track, in the pits, at less than 5 mph and dying as a result of the head trauma.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

FWIW, I had a golfball sized rock get kicked up by a semi on the highway once and hit me directly in the chin bar of my helmet. Based on the size of the chunk it took out, I'm positive I wouldn't have a jaw today if I weren't wearing my helmet. No eyewear will protect you from that...

Maxsurgeon15

Haha yes it is! Thank you guys and gal!
    Oh yeah I've never been on the expressway or any road going over 30 and not had my helmet on! I did once or twice going down a highway and I got pegged pretty hard by a little rock and it hurt like all hell! Lesson learned

Carolina_954

Max, if you are in the medical profession, we should not have to tell you about the risks. Quite the opposite should be true. I was in a local rescue squad for over 2 years and the worst accident I was ever called to was a moped on a wet road. The rider had no lid on and he was as close to death as I had ever seen before or since without actually being dead. This was not even at 10 mph. he had just turned off another road, and wiped out. keep the glasses under the seat and wear them around the mall.... after you take the helmet off.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

For the sake of argument here, check Oakley or Rayban. I have seen some sunglasses/goggle crossover that seem pretty neat. 3/16" polymer lenses and a strap like fisherman wear to hold them on your face. Or some good ol fashioned aviator goggles. That would look pretty boss, but only if you wear a green scarf that's way too long.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Carolina_954 View Post
    Max, if you are in the medical profession, we should not have to tell you about the risks. Quite the opposite should be true. I was in a local rescue squad for over 2 years and the worst accident I was ever called to was a moped on a wet road. The rider had no lid on and he was as close to death as I had ever seen before or since without actually being dead. This was not even at 10 mph. he had just turned off another road, and wiped out. keep the glasses under the seat and wear them around the mall.... after you take the helmet off.
    He's not in the medical profession yet, just working on it. Based on the amount of loans it has taken me to pay for medical school my head is worth over $200,000 at the moment. I wear a helmet to ride to the gas station that is .75 miles from my house on a back road with a 30mph speed limit, EVERY time.

Maxsurgeon15

Yeah I'm not there yet, I've still got awhile to go, I was able to get the caduceus cause well.. thats what I'm in school for.
    But theres no argument I'm trying to pose here, I know your all right and I'm wrong, my mom used to work in a ward of people who were brain damaged on motorcycles yet I still find myself getting on from time to time without my brain bucket on. I'm moving to a larger machine this year and getting a little older, maybe reality will slap me in the back of the head and knock some sense into me... Or my dad

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 4 LastLast