Arai RX-7 or Schuberth S 1 pro
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Arai RX-7 or Schuberth S 1 pro

roadattack

Arai RX-7 or Schuberth S 1 pro

So, i need advice, looking at buying a new lid since my piece of sh*t AGV has bought it. Crap and expensive replacement visor, never closed properly wouldn't recommend one to anybody. anyway i'm making a short story long, i've narrowed it down to two lids, with a €30 or $60 difference in price. Schubderth S1 pro at €500.00 or a Nicky Haden replica Arai Rx7 at €470.00 now i'm not a Hayden fan and i'm not mad about the design of either lid so fashion is not a big thing, what do you guys recommend?

BALDGONZO

Re: Arai RX-7 or Schuberth S 1 pro

I like the features on my RX7, but it is a little louder than the Shoei RF1000 I previously used. Probably from the aggressive air vents.

Very comfortable and light weight!

maikial

I'm with BALDGONZO, I've owned Shoei and Arai and I'm definitely going to stick with Arai. It just fits my head right. Yes the RX7 is a little louder than the others but it never really bothered me too much, not a bad payoff for all the air flow and protection. Worth the money and I'll buy it again!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

ghbzorro

Quote Originally Posted by maikial View Post
    It just fits my head right.
    Very important point. Make sure you know how it fits YOUR noggin.

maikial

Yeah, it's got to work for you. If I remember my stuff correctly and if the companies still work this way (it's been a few years since I've dealt with them both), Arai has a slightly thinner fit, what they call their oval design. The Shoei tended to be a little more round and didn't squeeze my cheeks the way the Arai did. Try on a bunch and see what fits. The Arais I know have interchangeable cheek pads so you can get thicker or thinner ones to adjust a bit... don't know about others.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I had a Schuberth that I loved, but when you flipped the visor up it scratched the paint on the helmet. For over $500, I felt like that was reason enough to return it. It wasn't this model, so I'm not sure if it's an issue or not.

Arai makes a great lid. I loved my signet gt and the only problem I ever had with it was that the rubber seal that goes around the bottom outside pealed off and I had to glue it back on.

I now wear a Scorpion exo-700 that was $300 cheaper than what I used to pay. I'm just as happy with it as I was with either of the above-listed helmets as well as my last helmet which was a Shoei RF-1000. My days of paying $500 for a lid are gone!

lickshot

ARAI ALL DAY LONG!!!!!

They are soooo much more comfortable than the schuberth's....
    Now ive gone to an arai lid i will never have any other...
    My girlfriend works at Hein Gericke and a fella ordered some carbon fiber schuberths which wer £750 each!!!!! I tried one on and it came straight off!!! It was soooo uncomfortable and didnt feel very good.... they may be quiet lids but u will not be able to wear it for very long....
    Arai fits ur head like a glove with superb inners which u can change.... And the rx7 is a sweeeet looking lid....

StrumminRonin

1. Pick the one the fits better.
    2. If both fit just as well, pick the Arai.

FB1000inPA

Quote Originally Posted by 06CBR1KMFNRR View Post
    I now wear a Scorpion exo-700 that was $300 cheaper than what I used to pay. I'm just as happy with it as I was with either of the above-listed helmets as well as my last helmet which was a Shoei RF-1000. My days of paying $500 for a lid are gone!
    I am with you on this one brother. I also have a EXO-700 and I love it.

Zuhnu99

What is the cheapest place to order new RX-7? In Finland they asks from it $1280. I hope that I found maybe little bit cheaper place to buy it from the
    foreign country.

I have now in my use Arai Condor. Arai fit in to my head better than any other brandt.

NawteeBlade

I also have a RX7.
    Love the helmet and still does its job 100% after 7 years.
    I need to replace it soon (helmets have a shelf life of about 5 years) and will get another Arai for sure.

I had a look at a Schuberth recently and wasn't very impressed.