Armored shirts, Advice
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Armored shirts, Advice

Doomwitha929

Armored shirts, Advice

I just bought one of those mesh shirts with all the plastic armor and back protector on it. My question is this. Should I be wearing something under or over it? I see most people just wearing them on bare skin or over UNDERARMOR shirts. The armor should give great protection but it just feels strange not having something heavy like leather or thick cordura around me.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Armored shirts, Advice

I would wear something over it. I guess I view it like other armor like what a football player would wear. They have a jersey over it.

Doomwitha929

I was going to wear an MX mesh shirt over it like they wear over there armor. I guess the armor would take all the abrasion, the shirt part just has to hold it together

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

-Z-

On the really hot days, I wear the Alpinestar Bionic jacket....the full sleeve with the hard armor and back protector. Normally I wear a football jersey over it. Two reasons: 1) I have a bit of a belly and the design of the bionic jacket does nothing to even try to hide it like a jacket normally would. 2) The jersey I wear is insanely bright orange and has my lucky number on the back (13). I like this setup because of the high amount of airflow, which is pretty much a necessity on days like that.

cmack72

-Z- I'm going to pick on up this week. It's been over 100 degrees this past week and that's to hot for the leather.

-Z-

Good stuff man. Just so you know, the mesh weave fits pretty snug, but it's supposed to, to make sure all the armor stays in place.

MACI4LIFE

i would wear the MX style jerseys over the armour, like mentioned. If you're the type that likes to wear different jackets every now and then just to change it up, then whats a better way of saving money and having a different look every day of the week.

-Z-

Another thing I should mention....on colder days when it's that sort of temperature where I want something warmer than my leather jacket, I actually wear a thick hoodie over the armor jacket. Works out pretty well.

Twincam

Can someone send me a link to a shop that sells the shirts/jackets...please.

Im having to wear leathers in the boiling sun, and it takes the fun out of driving

cmack72

Twincam

Has anyone seen the humps some people wear (they also come in-built in some race suits) that stop your neck from snapping back? I've seen some people wearing it under their jackets and t-shirts and was wondering where you could buy them from?

I've uploaded a picture of one in-built in a suit but I'm looking for a seperate one if anyone makes it

Sorry to thread jack
    Last edited by Twincam; 12-29-2008 at 12:29 PM.

TattooedGQ

A few of my buddies wear the mesh/armor shirts. but they do a t shirt, or uner armor long sleeve under it, and always somethign over it, usually a hoodie.

and twin. I might be wrong but those humps are supposedly aerodynamic aides, not for your neck. At least i've seen them called speed humps on 1 piece suits.

Twincam

Hmm, I saw at a show once that they said it was supposedly to stop your helmet (and head) snapping back, but I do see what you are saying. Maybe Ive had it wrong all these years... Thanks

Saying that, I would still like to know if anyone can tell me where to buy a "speed hump"

TattooedGQ

hahah. are you looking for one that goes over a jacket? By itself?

Twincam

Nope, I've seen them under something like a tshirt... Its either that, or a few people ive seen have huge humps on their backs... :S

-Z-

Yeah, that sounds kinda weird to me buddy. I don't think I've ever come across something like that all by itself...

Now, if you're looking for something to help prevent you from snapping your neck in an accident, then look to things like the LEATT neck brace and the soon-to-be-released one by EVS. Still not guaranteed, but should help prevent neck injuries.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Not to be a gear nazi but anything less than motorcycle specific protective (outer) gear is not a very good idea.

I want to start a photo log of the riders who come into the ER (w&w/o protective gear)

-jh
    proud supporter of a mesh jacket at the minimum(for my torso of course)

Twincam

Quote Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
    Yeah, that sounds kinda weird to me buddy. I don't think I've ever come across something like that all by itself...

Now, if you're looking for something to help prevent you from snapping your neck in an accident, then look to things like the LEATT neck brace and the soon-to-be-released one by EVS. Still not guaranteed, but should help prevent neck injuries.
    Thanks guys,

Yeah Im not a supporter of no gear riding, the bare minimum I would wear consists of gloves, boots, leather jackets and strong jeans - If I'm going anywhere with high speeds involved or long journeys, out comes my leather trousers. Would rather sweat than have to rub cream onto my rashes..

Dignam

can you guys recommend what type of armored/mesh you got?

Doomwitha929

I bought a Rock Guardn (think its spelled like that) shirt. Its black mesh with white armor (looks cool) big back protector, lots of armor on chest, arms AND kidney area. Its especially nice because the for arm parts can be taken off of you just want the upper part.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast