Vanson Vs. Dainese?
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Vanson Vs. Dainese?

maikial

Vanson Vs. Dainese?

Hello all,

I'm new to the forum and doin lots of poking around. I've done some searches and they've gotten me to various supporters of each product but that's about it. The people who like Vanson, like Vanson. The people who like Dainese, like Dainese. I'm just getting back into motorcycles after having been out of the loop for a few years. I've worked at dealerships and raced for a few years and now it's time for me to get back to a road bike. The 08 CBR1000RR looks right up my alley and I want good gear to go with it. I used to race with a full Dainese one piece that fit me like a glove and was crash tested, based on that I would buy them again. I delt with Vanson alot at the dealerships and really liked their product and build quality but I never got a chance to use one of their jackets. I don't think they fit me quit like the Italian leather did but that might make it more casual... in a good way. I'd like a jacket that will zip into pants so I can head up to the mountains and hit a trackday every now and again. I love the fit and feel of Dainese but is that going to be too much for a daily use garment, and will Vanson be aggressive enough for the harder stuff I'm looking for...
    If anyone's got some advise or experience I'd love to hear it!

sbs125

Re: Vanson Vs. Dainese?

I've got a 2piece Dianese suit. It works well not crash tested, top is not stand alone to be used as a jacket because it is too short for that. Used to wear acustom IM lethers suit for roadracing in 84 and 85 crash tested that one. Like the amount of protection with the armour in elbows knees and shoulders. Also get a Dianese back protector and wear it...always even on the street. Dianese gloves work well also. Shoei Eddie Lawson special. Love steady Eddie. Hope this helps.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vanson will take the abuse; racers use it as well. If you need repairs you can send the Vanson stuff back to them. What do you do with the Dianese stuff? You can get a custom suit as well and might right here in the US. The Dianese dealer network is larger, but that is all that they have in the US. Vanson is located in the US and you can deal with them for warranty issues. They can also clean and dye the leathers to make them look new again.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vanson here...crash tested, rider approved!

maikial

Yeah, the more I think about it the more that sounds like a nice service to have. Not quite sure what the hell I'd do with a torn up Dainese... If my experience with Ducati says anything, the Italians would take their time getting it back to me!

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Vanson is fasy either; the have busy times of the year. At least the entire suit wouldn't be a trash item though. There are places that you can send a suit to be repaired, but it won't be the same leather. At least with Vanson it will be the same leather. If it is custom, they can make a new one using the same measurements. I was fitted at their site for my custom suit.