New helmet RF1000 is a tad loose
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: New helmet RF1000 is a tad loose

01Erion929rr

New helmet RF1000 is a tad loose

I tried on a large and it was extremly tight. I bought the extra large and it fits good just a tad loose at the top. The cheeks are nice and tight. Is there anything i can do?

FB1000inPA

Re: New helmet RF1000 is a tad loose

Get a bigger head maybe??

tlstreak

Sounds like you bought the wrong size. Sell it and go down a size, and put smaller cheek pads in for a more custom fit. I always have to break in my helmets for about a month before they are comfortable. Im dead between a med and a large, but the same issue you just said. The large is too big up top and when the helmet breaks in, im looking at the top rim of the helmet. I stay with the smaller helmet size and go thru a few long days in a new helmet and all is fine and usually keep them for a long time unless a crash demands a new lid. Otherwise ill run a helmet for about 4 years before shopping for a new one.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Dignam

I read a review of the RF1000 and the guy is in the same boat as you (and me) where larges are generally tight and XL a bit loose. He got the RF-1000 Large and then bought the XL cheek pads. (the larger the pad size the smaller it actually is) and he said the fit was great. I am considering getting this helmet myself.

01Erion929rr

Quote Originally Posted by Dignam View Post
    I read a review of the RF1000 and the guy is in the same boat as you (and me) where larges are generally tight and XL a bit loose. He got the RF-1000 Large and then bought the XL cheek pads. (the larger the pad size the smaller it actually is) and he said the fit was great. I am considering getting this helmet myself.
    I would say go for it. It is a very comfortable helmet.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Things compress a bit, so what might be tight now could be just right after a few weeks.

Dignam

Well I tried on the RF-1000 and the Shark RSX today and the Shark felt a million times better on my head so I went with that.