get a GRIP!!!
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: get a GRIP!!!

yeller929

get a GRIP!!!

ok, just went on a little road trip yesterday, about 115 miles, all highway. When I got there and returned home both hands were tingly and some numbness. I have stock grips and bar ends. I wear gloves every time I ride. From experience, what is most effective in relieving these symptoms? Is it grips? Bar ends? Gloves? It's pretty hard not to hold on tightly, just to keep control, but maybe my grip is all wrong? All of the above? I love to ride and want to do more of these trips but it is very uncomfortable when that happens.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: get a GRIP!!!

Put less weight on your hands and don't do the death grip on the bars. Use your back to hold you up, not your hands.

ffmedicgerbs

+1 on that, but dont use ur back .. tighten ur abs, drop ur shoulders down, and maybe a little squeeze with the legs to hold u up, ur just puttin to much weight down on ur hands... nd yea death grip not so good... did that for a few months when i first started

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

motovation bar ends work wonders for the long rides. but also like these guys said dont grip too tight.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Pretend you are gripping Junior, that might help how you grip.

MCR001

there u have been told. Dont be nervous when gripping, the handle bars are not going anywhere. The heavier bar ends help a bit with vibration also a good idea for long ride.

Maxsurgeon15

Do you have a dampener on it? I used to do the death grip until I started a wobble one day and realized it was because I was trying to control the bike too much ie hold on to tight