Dainese suits
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Dainese suits

Maxsurgeon15

Dainese suits

I heard good things about the kangaroo leather and Dainese is supposed to be the leader. I've never purchased any racing leathers of this stature but I've been riding harder lately with my gained experience and I'll be taking a 300 mile trip to school in a few weeks so I decided to pick up a pair. Anybody have them? What do you think about them? Worth the price tag? Something better for the money?

Doomwitha929

Re: Dainese suits

Dainese is top of the line you cant go wrong but you really dont need them. You would be more then fine with some Technic leathers.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would buy something that has a support structure in the US that can perform repairs.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

HondaGalToo

They're awesome. Pricey, though. Other good options are Alpinestars, RS Taichi.

Maxsurgeon15

Thanks guys!

exit90a

Most any off the rack stuff is good and the Mfgs mentioned above are great. However, for the same $$$(or even less in some cases), you can have a custom made set. Any design style, colors and made to your measurements. Barnacle Bills Racing Leathers or Home - Pilot Pacific, Inc. (PILOT USA) I have a set from Barnacle Bill and love them. Pilot is running a $700.00 special on customs. I think you have to call them. Anyway, it's an alternative people overlook thinking it costs alot more.

MCR001

If there is no diff in cost for you there - then go Dainese, the leather seems to wear much better also, you wont be sorry.

Maxsurgeon15

Thanks again guys, I will check that out.

Maxsurgeon15

Ok well I've been looking and I think I'm going to go with a more street friendly but still leather set up, shift SR-1 leather jacket, Shift redline leather pants, Alpinestar tech 7 boots, and shift barrier gloves. What do you guys think?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by exit90a View Post
    However, for the same $$$(or even less in some cases), you can have a custom made set.

I picked up a custom kangaroo from Gimoto.com for about the price of a Dainese

TattooedGQ

Aren't the tech 7 boots for dirt?

Maxsurgeon15

I don't think so, it doesn't very much off of the tech 10s and Chris Stoner models in all the biker mags.
    Does anyone know of a good superstore online to get this stuff from? I was looking at bikebandit.
    Also, I'm 6'3'' at about 185, does anyone know how the shift jackets run? I don't want to spend all this money and have it show up to short or what not

Maxsurgeon15

Ok at a second look maybe your right

Maxsurgeon15

And I'm looking at these sizing charts and a jacket for someone 6'3'' will have a 42 inch chest and I'm not close to there.

TattooedGQ

I usually use kneedraggers.com, newenough.com, and sportbiketrackgear.com.

Just ordered a teknic chicane leather jacket that attaches to my chicane pants for 150 from new enough. Granted it's nowhere near the level of a Dianese, but it's on close out if anyones interested.

Maxsurgeon15

I'll check it out. I went to a local shop and tried on an icon XXL and the chest was a little big but it really wasn't that bad.. maybe I just need to start working out!