Taking care of your investment!
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Taking care of your investment!

Maxsurgeon15

Taking care of your investment!

I've looked for other threads on this but I haven't found any so I think I'm safe to post!
    I recently spent over a grand on some nice shift leathers, I know to you older guys it doesn't sound like much but I'm a poor college kid so thats a ton for me! But the question is, with all this leather stuff.. How do I take care of it well? Can I ride it in rain without ruining it? Any info would be greatly appreciated!

exit90a

Re: Taking care of your investment!

Lemon pledge is great for a quick wipe down and I use Mothers leather care in the spring and fall.

Maxsurgeon15

So the leather care stuff like mothers is more of a seasonal thing?

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

RojerLockless

leather has been used for thousands of years because it is durable, im sure it will outlast your bike even with no maintenance.

exit90a

It depends on how dry they are. Some leathers are made better than others and need less attention to keep up. I wipe mine down after every ride with the Pledge. This cleans, protects and gives a little conditioning as well. If they get wet I will use Mothers once they dry out as well.

Maxsurgeon15

Alrighty thanks guys!

MCR001

u can wash yr leathers in the washing machine (cold wash) also - just add a cap full of glycyrine in the water, when its dry then u can use mothers, or if thats too pricy good old leather Dubbin should be available at any tanners at a lot less and actually waterproofs the leathers a lot better. Theres some good old timer info.

HondaGalToo

When they're sweaty, hang them to dry out, don't stuff them away. Once a year, at the end of the season, I clean mine with saddle soap and then apply a light coat of Lexol leather conditioner. During the season I just try to wipe off the big bug splats!

If the liner is removable, it can be washed. Mine doesn't come out, unfortunately.

Maxsurgeon15

Ok so just throwing it around when your done is a no no, got it.
    And glycerin eh? What does that do?

Maxsurgeon15

Nevermind I looked it up. I recieved the stuff and it says not to machine wash it. But I will give the lemon pledge a try.

Search tags for this page

big red in investing

parts that need to be replaced on 2000 lx sedan honda civics

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.