Helmet with the best ventilation?
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Helmet with the best ventilation?

Taqito

Helmet with the best ventilation?

I'm a big guy so I sweat extremely easy. I've tried on an Arai Vector, Shoei RF-1000, Shoei X-11, and Icon AirFrame. They all feel comfortable on me. But my main concern from these helmets is the ventilation. I was wondering if there are any of yall out there that have one of these helmets that could give me some input OR if there is another helmet I should look at.
    Thanks in advanced.
    Last edited by Taqito; 08-25-2008 at 7:56 PM.

rokitt51

Re: Helmet with the best ventilation?

Ive never had an Icon helmet, but i have had Arai, Shoei, Bieffee, and HJC. Out of all of them, i think that my RF1000 and X11 (shoeis) had the best ventillation and fit. I am also a big guy so i love the good ventillation.

h919rider

I have the Scorpion EXO-700. It's really comfortable and has great ventilation.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

segiano

Quote Originally Posted by rokitt51 View Post
    Ive never had an Icon helmet, but i have had Arai, Shoei, Bieffee, and HJC. Out of all of them, i think that my RF1000 and X11 (shoeis) had the best ventillation and fit. I am also a big guy so i love the good ventillation.
    I just bought an RF1000 and have to agree with rokitt51, this has to be one of the best ventilated helmets out there

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by h919rider View Post
    I have the Scorpion EXO-700. It's really comfortable and has great ventilation.
    currently rocking one of them also, the ventilation is not as good as my previous Suomy Extreme.

check out Home | Helmet Harbor they have great reviews and ventialtion is one of the categories they give ratings on.
    "let's face it when you went into that voting booth you had a choice between 2 bowls of sh!t. the only difference was the smell"

DUX

My Arai RX-7 vents very well. The face-shield even has two vents on it.

The trade off is noise. My Shoei RF-900 was MUCH quieter, although it's not noticeable with earplugs or earbuds in.

Destructo

Givi make one called the X.01 - not tried one, but the ventilation might be good? Not sure if this is what you're after though, a bit different to the traditional ful-face lid.

X.01

Gets some decent reviews too!

Givi X.01 Helmet - webBikeWorld

Hope this helps!

Taqito

so after reading all the reviews i still cant decide...ive narrowed it down between the rf-1000 and the airframe...leaning a bit more towards the rf-1000 tho...

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Arai dude....

some folk even say they have to much air flow and don't use em in winter in these here parts

-Z-

My Shark RSR2 has way more airflow (IMO) than an Arai RX7 Corsair. That being said, if you're looking for airflow on the Shoei side of things, the X-11 was designed partially with increased airflow over the RF1000 in mind. If you look at the design of the ventilation system in that helmet, you'll see what I mean. I can't speak from personal experience on the venting in that helmet since it doesn't fit me well, but everyone I know who has had an RF1000 and an X11 thinks the X11 has way better airflow.

I can't really compare Arai to Shoei on the ventilation because the Shoei helmets don't fit me well enough to actually buy and wear one.

BALDGONZO

Arai RX-7 vents well but is more noisy than my Shoei RF 1000. It is apparent that the padding in my Arai is holding up much better than the Shoei.

The Icon helmet my friend has is a nice helmet for less money, but it has a funny smell to the glue or what ever they assembled it with and it won't go away.

DUX

Quote Originally Posted by NDMBlackBlade View Post
    Arai dude....

some folk even say they have to much air flow and don't use em in winter in these here parts

I used mine down to 13F with no problems last year and was fine.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Taqito View Post
    so after reading all the reviews i still cant decide...ive narrowed it down between the rf-1000 and the airframe...leaning a bit more towards the rf-1000 tho...
    try them both on first. they have to fit your head properly before you make a decision.
    "let's face it when you went into that voting booth you had a choice between 2 bowls of sh!t. the only difference was the smell"

Taqito

Quote Originally Posted by CBR929RE View Post
    try them both on first. they have to fit your head properly before you make a decision.
    Yea I've tried them both on, the rf-1000 fit the best.

Taqito

Quote Originally Posted by -Z- View Post
    That being said, if you're looking for airflow on the Shoei side of things, the X-11 was designed partially with increased airflow over the RF1000 in mind. If you look at the design of the ventilation system in that helmet, you'll see what I mean. I can't speak from personal experience on the venting in that helmet since it doesn't fit me well, but everyone I know who has had an RF1000 and an X11 thinks the has way better airflow.
    I was wanting to get the x11 but it's about 200 more than the rf-1000.

DUX

Yea I've tried them both on, the rf-1000 fit the best.
    Then go with the RF.

I wore Shoei for years and wanted another one when it was time to replace my 900.

For some reason, the 1000 just didn't fit. I got hot-spots just standing around in the dealership. The biggest reason I went with the Arai is b/c it just worked for me.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i have had shark rsr2 and arai quantum. both are very good very well ventilated. i think i prefer shark over arai as its more quiet. shoei X-11 or even the rf1000 are top notch lids ive never had a shoei but have heard nothing but great reviews. i would stay away from icon ive heard they are pretty cheaply made. when it comes to a good lid you get what you pay for in "most" cases.

NorthSide

I have a Suomy spec 1R. Its the best lid I've ever had. I love it. I must admit though, the ventilation is good, but no lid I've ever tried has enough airflow for me. I had an AGV and Arai before, and everytime I have expected the air to really flow round my head, like really blow. But I suppose your head would act like a sail if they were that good! It all depends on personal fit, but for me its Suomy all the way.

D.Nac

I'm a big guy so I sweat extremely easy. I've tried on an Arai Vector, Shoei RF-1000, Shoei X-11, and Icon AirFrame. They all feel comfortable on me. But my main concern from these helmets is the ventilation. I was wondering if there are any of yall out there that have one of these helmets that could give me some input OR if there is another helmet I should look at.
    Thanks in advanced.
    According to the Helmet Harbor the Shoei X-11 has the best ventilation system on the market today.

Read their reivew here

E-Boz TC-1 (Red) Full Face | Helmet Harbor

Taqito

Quote Originally Posted by D.Nac View Post
    According to the Helmet Harbor the Shoei X-11 has the best ventilation system on the market today.

Read their reivew here

E-Boz TC-1 (Red) Full Face | Helmet Harbor
    bahh now im tempted to get the x-11... i hate decisions...lol
    well its either gonna be the x-11 or the rf-1000....im just wondering if the extra 200 is worth it...they both seem to be very good helmets...
    Last edited by Taqito; 09-02-2008 at 9:21 AM. Reason: typo

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast