Beware when buying from Motorcycle Closeouts .com!
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Beware when buying from Motorcycle Closeouts .com!

08silvercbr

Beware when buying from Motorcycle Closeouts .com!

As some of you know I was in the market for a new suit. I found one at a very good price from Motorcycle Closeouts. As I researched the suit I got on line to purchase it, but before sending the money I called them with all my exact measurements, as I was concerned about buying the correct size. After giving ALL my measurements he assured me the suit would work well. 4 days later I get the suit in the mail and of course it doesn't fit. Its at least 2 sizes too small in the quads and too tight in the chest. I know they are supposed to fit tight, but I can't stand up straight, or squat down. I called them up and got the same guy that assured my measurements would work...told him I need to exchange for next size up. Long story short he said he had one left and WOULDN'T hold it for me as it was first come first serve. He said there is no direct exchange but the return had to be returned, credited minus restocking, and reissued the difference. By the time I could get it back to him it and processed it would have been gone so I offered to pay for the other suit right then as long as he would refund the one I needed to send back. He said he could refund minus a 20 dollar restock fee, minus 10% return on the suit, and minus shipping (which would have ended up being 60 bucks total 3 ways) I was very patient with the guy trying to work something out...5 minutes later I ended up telling him I'd do what I had to do to get rid of the suit on ebay or whatever, but I would never buy another piece from them and let everyone know how I was taken care of. The guy was a total dick. He said if that’s the case he'd make a note not to sell to again. (as if that would happen) There is no way I'm gonna lose that much money on a suit that simply doen't fit, and give them the satisfaction of purchasing ANOTHER of the same 4 days later. Was there return policy in the fine print....yep. Would they do anything to help me out....NOTHING AT ALL! Just though you guys should know about buying stuff on line...especially these yo-yo's.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Beware when buying from Motorcycle Closeouts .com!

Call you CC company and dispute the charge. If they want the suit back, let them send you a pre-paid return label. If he said it would fit and it doesn't, then they lied to you.

After they pay to get their suit back and you have 100% of your money, then you will be satisfied.

08silvercbr

Quote Originally Posted by lanbrown View Post
    Call you CC company and dispute the charge. If they want the suit back, let them send you a pre-paid return label. If he said it would fit and it doesn't, then they lied to you.

After they pay to get their suit back and you have 100% of your money, then you will be satisfied.
    UNFORTUNATELY I paid with paypal. I'm sure if I can't get it stretched out enough I can get what I paid for it on ebay. Just the hassle AND the principle. Tags are still on, and it is a really nice suit. 600 bucks on closeout for 300. Just unfortunately a little too small.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Even if you use PayPal, always pay with a CC and not your checking account. Then when payPla wants to jerk you around, you can just call you CC company and get resolution that way.

I would file a PayPal dispute though.

08silvercbr

Quote Originally Posted by lanbrown View Post
    Even if you use PayPal, always pay with a CC and not your checking account. Then when payPla wants to jerk you around, you can just call you CC company and get resolution that way.

I would file a PayPal dispute though.
    Thats true I probably could do that. Good thought