Arai Profile helmet question
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Arai Profile helmet question

itsrhuf

Arai Profile helmet question

I recently bought a large ARAI Profile Wraithen off Ebay. Retails about $600.00 and I won the auction for $300.00 from a private seller. The helmet is brand new and has never been worn. I have owned a Shoei and several HJC helmets all in a size large. So, I bought this Arai in a size large as well. So, it is a little snug on me though. But I wasn't about to pass on such a great deal. I've heard you need to "break in" an Arai helmet. Does anyone know if it will loosen up? Or is there an option of replacing the pads inside the helmet for something a little looser? I really want to wear this helmet. Never had the money to afford a full price Arai. But, do I just need to wear it and break it in? Any advice from you guys would be appreciated. Thanks.

Re: Arai Profile helmet question

I've got a couple of Arai's and they are snug at first but as you say do break in. I've also heared that sizes between different brands differ ! Just how tight is it ?

ryoung1

I have had my Arai Profile Spiral (Large) for several months now and it fit snug as well. I got mine on e-Bay as well and for about the same price that you paid. It did loosen a little, but it is still snug. It actually makes a light mark on my forehead after wearing it for awhile, but it never hurt or had any pressure points whatsoever. I love it. It is very light, well ventilated and comfortable. I haven't taken the shield off or the inner lining out yet, but am due to get the lining out. Very nice helmet!

I don't think you can get a smaller inside (I may be wrong), but you can get smaller cheek pads. I hope yours loosens for you to the point it is comfortable for you.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

itsrhuf

It's not so tight that it's uncomfortable, just more snug than I'm used to. I guess as long as it does have some break in loosening to do, it should be ok. My cheeks feel a little squished. But I'll give it some time. It is a great helmet. Always have wanted an Arai.

jazzy

They do "break-in" a bit, I found mine has stayed fairly snug which in all effect is how its supposed to be..always, so if its a little on the tight side now, all the better.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The liner should be able to be swapped out; go to an Arai dealer and they can assist you.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

good lids like arai dont break in (pads going flat) as such best to get it custom fitted by you local dealer (new pads)

929hit

It's a good thing if it doesn't give you a headache. My Arai is snug but comfortable. Snug is secure.

I don't think it loosened up at all though, to answer your question. They sell replacement pads of like 3 sizes for each shell i think. So if it does squeeze you head, I don't think you are SOL.

draenyr

In australia the profile is a different shape to the corsair or the vector (chaser). it is a narrower fit. just like shoei models are different in shape. I cant wear an x11 coz it squashes my temples. almost threw it across the room 1st time i put one on.

muddysteel

I shifted from Shoei to Arai a couple of years back - mostly because the noise level is better. I've got a pretty big cranium - and the "normal" fit was snug. The shape is definitely different as mentioned - a bit more elliptical compared to the Shoei (which seems more round).

As you've mentioned, the cheek area was a bit tight - for me, after a couple of months I realized it was too snug (was giving me headaches). I opted to swap out the cheek pads and it's much better. There's no guidelines for the size to get - it's a pure whatever-suites-you sort of thing.

As they are not cheap, I opted to jump too sizes bigger - I think "normal" is 25mm; I purchased 15mm size pads. If I did it again, I'd go with the 20mm (I'd like the thing just a bit more snug - then again, I'd gotten used to feeling like my head was in a vise!).