Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 2008 held phantom gloves pics inside

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

2008 held phantom gloves pics inside

just received my new gloves from held and i must say im very impressed. i was a little sceptical about paying the 279.99 for a pair of gloves but after a review i watched on youtube i said what the hell, afterall my hands are very important to me so why not spend some cheddar on some top notch safety gear instead of upgrading the bike ill upgrade my gear.

my first impression "are gloves supposed to fit this good, my hands actually feel protected"

my old teknic gauntlets feel like cheap crap by comparison and i wont even get into my joe rocket atomic 2.0 summer gloves

kangaroo leather is very soft and flexible, the seams dont mess with my finger tips like my old teknics did

i have yet to ride with them so expect to hear more praise soon

i purchased these from sportbiketrackgear.com via ebay buy it now or best offer

249.99 shipped to my door

https://www.pioneerforums.com/gallery...m006_thumb.jpghttps://www.pioneerforums.com/gallery...m004_thumb.jpg
    https://www.pioneerforums.com/gallery...m007_thumb.jpghttps://www.pioneerforums.com/gallery...m003_thumb.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails 2008 held phantom gloves pics inside-held-phantom-007.jpg   2008 held phantom gloves pics inside-held-phantom-006.jpg   2008 held phantom gloves pics inside-held-phantom-003.jpg   2008 held phantom gloves pics inside-held-phantom-004.jpg  

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: 2008 held phantom gloves pics inside

I've used these gloves for the past few years; no complaints here. I've used their gloves for many years now.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

first ride today

feel is great, these are a much more substantial feeling glove than i am used to wearing and the armour provided in fingers and gauntlet do not make these feel stiff. flexibility of wrist and fingers is really good. kangaruu is some soft stuff. very easy to use levers and switch gear, the visor wiper is a welcome feature for the occaisonal down poor and you never realize its even there when riding.

fit is very comfortable straight out the box. finger length is perfect for my hands there is some places that are tight but i imagine once i get some miles on these they will stretch. they are nice and snug fitting i cant praise the palm and fingers enough only downside and i may be nit picking is that the thumbs are about a 1/4" on the long side for me.

bottom line
    these make my hands feel protected and actually improved comfort a bit, at one point after i put them on for the first time i thought i could have went with a 9 if i wanted a more skin tight feel like my teknics which irritate my finger tips with a bulky seam. i probably would have been waiting on the leather to stretch for them to be comfortable to ride any distance, plus i am waiting on the silk liners to be shipped with the rest of my new gear...

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

truff1

I've had two pair of these. Hands down (pun intended) the best glove I've ever wore.

HondaGalToo

Held gloves rule! I've been using them exclusively for probably 10 years. I've got my eye on the Phantoms, but I've still got a couple pair of the older Galaxy in good shape.