Winter gear?
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Winter gear?

pureone

Winter gear?

Any great tested winter gear that anyone would recommennd. I ride all year, like every other normal human being, and have always been a fan of FirstGear. Anything comparable? I like textile versus leather. Looking for jacket and pants. Would love if the pants had a removable liner. Thanks.

WyoJames

Re: Winter gear?

when it gets cold enough I just throw my carhardt jacket over my leather

DUX

I've been very happy with my Olympia jacket. It has great protection/venting. I wear it year-round.

I use a Gerbings heated liner when it gets really cold.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

gappo mancini

Latex gloves(the one's your dentist/doctor wears) under your standard winter one's is a cheap and effective way of minding the paws in the cold and rain

(the one's your dentist/doctor wears)........ask them for them before you take them
    Last edited by gappo mancini; 11-10-2008 at 7:11 PM.

pureone

Thanks for the tips. Funny about the latex gloves, good idea. I will check into the olympia.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i have a review on my tourmaster synergy heated liner in the aftermarket parts reviews section. i am a firm believer electric liners are the best way to go in cold weather due to the fact that they require you to "not wear layers" the less clothing under a heated liner the better it works and less layers means better mobility and comfort for the rider.

pureone

I know why latex gloves work for you, IRELAND. Spent I year there. I now understand.

I am not much for electrics as I don't find it really gets cold enough or I am too much of a wimp to get on the 929 in the ohio winter. Thanks though, as I do like the ability to move around. Anyone have a good boot suggestion too?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

i was skeptical about electrics too, i took the advice of a old timer "been riding longer than ive been alive." i really like the heated liner as i have some back and neck issues from previous injuries and the heat helps when they are acting up, i must sound like a old fart. im just saying give it a shot. on the lowest setting i could ride around on a 45-60 degree day nice and comfy. either way to each his own.

if you want try a set of chili's long johns, alot of ski and snowboard enthusiasts i know use these and rave about how warm they are. remington also makes some military spec long johns that are nice too.

hondaseller

i found some under armour stuff that works great...i know it doesn't get nearly as cold here in Texas as it does in Ohio but today it was 38 degrees here and i wore the under armour underwear and under shirt and all i had to wear was my reg leather jacket and blue jeans.
    Check it out on under armours website. or you could just try this method-

pureone

i think that a thin warm underlayer is key. I ride at 40 with FirstGear insulated jacket, jeans, and some windbreaking pants and I am typically fine. It is when it gets colder that I start looking for other alternatives.