Honda Pioneer Forums banner

XT Laptimer Cable Length?

8K views 26 replies 3 participants last post by  phozed 
#1 ·
I'm going to order the XT Laptimer but can't decide on whether to get the 20' cable or 6 ft. cable.  I figure the extra length will come in handy depending on where I mount the receiver (like on top of the rear seat cowl), but not sure if 6 ft. is too much cable...

So what length did most of you buy (Baketech, HG, Flasher?)?  

G
#2 ·
Both HGToo and I have the 20'. In this case, longer isn't better.

Since our timers are mounted on the bars, there's more than enough cable to mount the eyepiece upfront. There's some slack remaining but not enough to require securing.

G
#3 ·
I think most bike apps use the 20'.

If you route it through the bike it would be a PIA to bring into the house for downloading....unless you have a laptop I guess.

If you look at the pic in this THREAD you can see where I mounted my reciever with a 20' unit. I will put a similar bracket on the other side if I ever go to a track that has the beacon on the other side I guess....

Edit:
Explanation - the two blue boxes (display & reciever) are hardwired together by the 20' long cable.

#4 ·
Baketech : I think most bike apps use the 20'.

If you route it through the bike it would be a PIA to bring into the house for downloading....unless you have a laptop I guess.

If you look at the pic in this THREAD you can see where I mounted my reciever with a 20' unit. I will put a similar bracket on the other side if I ever go to a track that has the beacon on the other side I guess....

Edit:
Explanation - the two blue boxes (display & reciever) are hardwired together by the 20' long cable.
Good point about taking it off the bike to download...didn't think of that.  So 20' is enough (that's what she said&#33 to be able to mount it most anywhere on the front of the bike?

Baketech...nice brackets...  Did you screw the receiver into the ram air plastic?

G
#12 ·
Its gotta be a short between the headset......I must have screwed something up.....LOL

Edit:
I think I was suffering from cranial-rectal inversion....otherwise known as head up the azz...

I think I wasn't giving the PM a title.....ignoring the 'go back' screen and going back into the forum, so the messages were never sent....

G
#15 ·
For those who aren't inclined to make a bracket, I have the receiver mounted on my front fender. It picks up well and is tucked out of the way. I tried it on the fake ram air covers last year and was always worried about it getting in the way while hanging off/turning. I mounted the display over top of my speedo and the cable drops straight down to the front fender where the receiver is set. It survived my 100MPH get-off with no ill effects.

G
#17 ·
Hey Peter - I use the 20' - I velcro the display next to the speedo and the reciever is behind the fairing on another piece of velcro. I add a ziptie around a fork tube or the wiring harness for piece of mind and it works great. Lemme know if you want pics?

G
#19 ·
I have to take one and I need to re-charge the batteries in my camera, I'll post something tomorrow.

Thinking about doing the 2nd at Grattan now... I need to get a hitch (finally) put on my car this week first tho.

#20 ·
Phozed, who's putting on the track day on the 2nd?

FYI, placed an order online for the laptimer and just got a call from Kneedraggers telling me they don't have it currently in stock. Since I have a trackday next week they're going to dropship it direct from XT. Damn good customer service in my book!

G
#24 ·
Baketech : Quote (firebladetoronto @ May 28 2003, 2:50pm)Supposedly XT is out of stock right now too...that is what the Byrd guy said.
I'd give Kneedraggers a call and have them check stock....they did it for me.
Hey Bake, my response was for RedRider who just said he contacet Knee, and they said they were out of stock and were going to try and drop ship from XT. Have they confirmed that XT have them ready??

#25 ·
firebladetoronto : Quote (Baketech @ May 28 2003, 4:06pm)Quote (firebladetoronto @ May 28 2003, 2:50pm)Supposedly XT is out of stock right now too...that is what the Byrd guy said.
Hey Bake, my response was for RedRider who just said he contacet Knee, and they said they were out of stock and were going to try and drop ship from XT.  Have they confirmed that XT have them ready??
Just talked to Kneedraggers (again). My laptimer has already been shipped direct from XT today. Even got the tracking number!

G
#26 ·
Red Rider : Quote (firebladetoronto @ May 28 2003, 5:47pm)Quote (Baketech @ May 28 2003, 4:06pm)Quote (firebladetoronto @ May 28 2003, 2:50pm)Supposedly XT is out of stock right now too...that is what the Byrd guy said.
Hey Bake, my response was for RedRider who just said he contacet Knee, and they said they were out of stock and were going to try and drop ship from XT.  Have they confirmed that XT have them ready??
Just talked to Kneedraggers (again).  My laptimer has already been shipped direct from XT today.  Even got the tracking number!
Sweet!! Congrats...I just secured mine...slightly used, back in the original box for $240.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.