is this a good deal on stands?
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: is this a good deal on stands?

tailgunn

is this a good deal on stands?

I've never had stands like this before. Any opinions on this would be appreciated. It's for a 954.

stand auction

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: is this a good deal on stands?

Looks like Handy Stands to me. You can order the set of two direct from Handy for $99.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ConqSoft
    Looks like Handy Stands to me. You can order the set of two direct from Handy for $99.
    and you shouldn't have to pay $20+ for shipping either . . .

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

tailgunn

Quote Originally Posted by ConqSoft
    Looks like you are 2 for 2 on my questions today. I have only seen the handy front stands; are they actually decent? I'll have to check out their site.

Hamburgler

I bought the 929 package direct from handy for 115 shipped. The stands do their job. I don't know if the more expensive stands change your tires for you or what not, but at their prices, I think Handy stands are good.
    Last edited by Hamburgler; 11-08-2004 at 5:45 PM.

Cornfedwhitey

Quote Originally Posted by Hamburgler
    I bought the 929 package direct from handy for 115 shipped. The stands do their job. I don't know if the more expensive stands change your tires for you or what not, but at their prices, I think Handy stands are good.

With the Handy stands, can you still change out the front & rear tires?

Hamburgler

Yeah, I just trying to crack a joke at the prices of other stands. Obviously it sucked.

tailgunn

I got it. Humor is in the eye of the beholder I guess.

davef

I got it, also. I have a set of Handy stands as well as a Lockhart rear stand. They all seem to work the same. As long as the bike doesn't fall over, I'm happy. As for the more expensive stands, unless they do other things than hold up the bike, I don't understand why people pay twice as much for them.

Sirkbac

Thats my 929 in the picture.

Kidder

Quote Originally Posted by davef
    I got it, also. I have a set of Handy stands as well as a Lockhart rear stand. They all seem to work the same. As long as the bike doesn't fall over, I'm happy. As for the more expensive stands, unless they do other things than hold up the bike, I don't understand why people pay twice as much for them.
    You can't remove the forks with the Handy front stand. You can only pull the wheel. That'd be the advantage of having a stand that lifts from the steering stem. Those Handy stands do seem like a good deal. A lot of people on svrider bought them and are extremely pleased.

davef

Quote Originally Posted by Kidder
    You can't remove the forks with the Handy front stand. You can only pull the wheel. That'd be the advantage of having a stand that lifts from the steering stem. Those Handy stands do seem like a good deal. A lot of people on svrider bought them and are extremely pleased.
    True True.

I forgot to mention that I also have the triple clamp Lockhart model for that sort of thing. They are much cooler than the fork bottom jobbies.

tailgunn

Quote Originally Posted by Kidder

That's true but I figured I'd put a nice sturdy hook from the ceiling joists in my shop and once I get the front up on the fork stands, I could just hang a strap around the headstock and support it from that for front end removal.
    I'm sure someone will tell me why that's a stupid idea...

davef

Quote Originally Posted by tailgunn
    That's true but I figured I'd put a nice sturdy hook from the ceiling joists in my shop and once I get the front up on the fork stands, I could just hang a strap around the headstock and support it from that for front end removal.
    I'm sure someone will tell me why that's a stupid idea...
    Actually, I've seen that done many times...As long as everything is sturdy I don't see a problem with it.

MedTechRR

yeah, you all are fools for buying stands. I made this stand for free when I changed my forks! Dunno why you need one of those fancy metal stands?
    Last edited by MedTechRR; 01-02-2008 at 6:46 PM.

davef

Hey Medtech,
    Any word on that windscreen?

tailgunn

Quote Originally Posted by MedTechRR
    yeah, you all are fools for buying stands. I made this stand for free when I changed my forks! Dunno why you need one of those fancy metal stands?

I guess we aren't as good at carpentry as you are...

MedTechRR

Hey Medtech,
    Any word on that windscreen?
    I'm in the process of selling my work truck, finding a new truck, buying a house (closing next week) and finding new jobs so i can work thru the winter. I think I've only been home a total of 10 hours in the past week. I will get it out ASAP. Sorry if you're in a big rush.

davef

No rush...it's pretty much winter over here. Just checking in with ya

MedTechRR

No rush...it's pretty much winter over here. Just checking in with ya
    pretty much? You suck. We already have a few inches of snow on the ground. I hate New England.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast