Think our Pit Bulls are nice rear stands?
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Think our Pit Bulls are nice rear stands?

Chain

Think our Pit Bulls are nice rear stands?

I put a number of Cycle Cat items on my Monster S4. bwhip and HGT have some Cycle Cat goodies on their respective Ducs as well. It sounds terribly hackneyed but it's true, Alex Ortner's product line is nothing short of art.

This sucker is $270 (admittedly alot for a rear work stand), but it sure is a neat piece of engineering.

http://www.cyclecat.com/UCS01-01.htm

Tornado bait

Re: Think our Pit Bulls are nice rear stands?

Crap...does it really make that much difference? I just use the cheap ass LP front and rear and works fine for me. Got both of them for about half that.

SPEED

It's got some ajustments, but it looks like it's more of a hastle to carry, and load/unload. Personally, I think Pitbull stands are a work of art

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

HondaGalToo

Hoooo!!! Boy is that expensive for a rear stand! I thought PitBulls were pricey! I'm sure the quality is excellent! Interesting looking design. True one person operation, huh? I'd be interested to see someone use it to see if that's true, and if it's a lot easier/safer for one person to use. If so, that's a good new design. However, I've devised a way to get mine up on my PitBull rear stand by myself. Haven't had any "moments" lately!

Scratch

I dunno Looks interesting but to me putting the bike up on stands has always been a one person operation. My pitbulls are still holding up strong after years of abuse so I'll just ride it out. For heavier bikes (like the Bus) I guess it does make sense and offer a little more safety. Not exactly sure why they're charging so much, R&D?

GhostRider

Mine is from Bike Lift...got it for $99CDN and it works like a charm.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have used just about every brand of "lift" type stand made over the years and this one does look nice especially because it can lift the bike from a tilt.

Sorry, but most of the time when I get off the track, it's a job getting off the bike, let alone getting the damn bike on the rear stand (it's an "old guy" thing). I am considering one of the "drive in" types for just keeping the bike upright between sessions, but this one really looks nice.

Chain

Quote Originally Posted by Scratch
    Not exactly sure why they're charging so much, R&D?
    Nothing Alex Ortner, owner of Cycle Cat, sells is inexpensive. Whether the stuff is worth the money is open for debate (but I'd offer that it is).

I for one have no trouble with my Hayabusa and my forward handle PB, but for wee folks like Baccy, ND4SPD, CBRVFR....
    Last edited by Chain; 03-06-2005 at 4:52 PM.

Chain

Quote Originally Posted by abtech
    I am considering one of the "drive in" types for just keeping the bike upright between sessions, but this one really looks nice.
    This is the one I lust after, abtech.

http://www.baxleycompanies.com/Sportchock.html
    Last edited by Chain; 03-06-2005 at 4:52 PM.

Chain

Quote Originally Posted by GhostRider
    Mine is from Bike Lift...got it for $99CDN and it works like a charm.
    A buddy who rides a modded ZRX1200R owns one and likes it alot.

http://www.bike-grab.com/

Sirkbac

I need to get one of those, I can't spare another thumb.

sheepofblue

Ignore Chain buy Pit Bull and support the poor evil folks in Huntsville (just remember it is torture living here so don't move here)

CBRBob

I have seen and used (but don't own) many of those sport chock/bike grab front wheel devices. Even the new one thats out this year. I did own the bike grab and sold it to a friend to use as a chock on his trailer. The Baxley is the best design and easiest to use. The others cradle the wheel or just have a hump to ride over. The best thing about the Baxley is it actually has pivots that grab the front tire when it's rolled onto it.

bwhip

Cycle Cat does make awesome stuff. Absolutely beautiful. I would have gone with their rearsets to compliment my sprocket cover and clutch cover, but WOW are they pricey! So the Gilles will have to do. So far I love 'em!

I'm using the LP rear stand, but really have been wanting to find a front stand that will enable me to move the forks up and down. The Pitbull New Type seems to be the only good option, but they're about $280.00 . Because my steering head angle is adjustable, I can't use the standard pin type that LP, Pitbull and others make, so my options are very limited.

I really like those chocks - I've been thinking of getting one for transport and trackday use. I need to figure out some way to attach it to my truck bed and then have it available to use in the pits as well.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I saw the Condor Lift at the Detroit Cycle show. It's similiar to the Baxley but supposedly is better. I watched the owner crank a VTX1800 from side to side and the thing was rock solid. I *almost* bought one, but I'm still thinking of getting the Strapless Transport Stands.

I wonder if the Cycle Cat lift can compensate for the 929 offset and if it works without spools.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by bwhip
    Cycle Cat does make awesome stuff. Absolutely beautiful. I would have gone with their rearsets to compliment my sprocket cover and clutch cover, but WOW are they pricey! So the Gilles will have to do. So far I love 'em!

I'm using the LP rear stand, but really have been wanting to find a front stand that will enable me to move the forks up and down. The Pitbull New Type seems to be the only good option, but they're about $280.00 . Because my steering head angle is adjustable, I can't use the standard pin type that LP, Pitbull and others make, so my options are very limited.

I really like those chocks - I've been thinking of getting one for transport and trackday use. I need to figure out some way to attach it to my truck bed and then have it available to use in the pits as well.
    'Whip, if you get the Baxley, you'll have no need to secure it to the truck bed. Just place it against the back of the bed and use two tie downs out back. Your bike will be more solid than any other method used - without any need to bolt the Baxley down.
    I have had one for a few years now and love it. I have it "mounted" in my van only because there is nothing to set it up against.
    With it there is no need at all to use stands unless doing maintenance or using warmers.

bwhip

Quote Originally Posted by BDA116
    'Whip, if you get the Baxley, you'll have no need to secure it to the truck bed. Just place it against the back of the bed and use two tie downs out back. Your bike will be more solid than any other method used - without any need to bolt the Baxley down.
    I have had one for a few years now and love it. I have it "mounted" in my van only because there is nothing to set it up against.
    With it there is no need at all to use stands unless doing maintenance or using warmers.
    Awesome - I might have to order one of those! Thanks for the info!

Scratch

The Baxley sport chock and also the strapless transport stands look like solid investments for the track and trailering. Is there enough $$$ in the world to own all this stuff? I thought snowmobiling was expensive? This **** just never ends.

phobiaphobe

I got my shitty aluminum rear stand free and it works just fine. I don't need a second person to help me set it up either.

JAMI6989

The new PitBull stands don't require you to get behind the bike. I'm still trying to figure out why you'd need "art" to lift your bike. Gimme a solid PitBull anyday!

PitBull side stand

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast