Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: The Absorber: Unsolicited Endorsement

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The Absorber: Unsolicited Endorsement

In the 8 years that I owned my first car I can count on one hand the number of weeks that I didn't handwash it. So I have done a lot of handwashing, and hand drying of different vehicles. I have used real chamois, and a lot of different fake ones.

A while back I discovered "The Absorber." It is well worth every penny. I think it was about $9 at a Checker Auto Parts store. It comes with a little storage tube and you just put it away damp. It never grows weird stuff, never smells. If you forget to put it away and it dries out you just re-wet it and it is good as new. I have been using my current one for almost two years now with no signs of wear. It is big enough that for a bike you can cut it in half. I keep a little 4x4 square under my seat and that works for wiping off the dew that condenses on the bike if I don't put it in a garage. For those of you who will ride in the rain (unlike me) it would be perfect for quickly drying your seat.

When I was shooting a lot of archery tournaments I got poured on every year in Redding, CA. I carried a little piece of one and it was easy to keep my bow dry even though I was soaking wet.

Just thought I would share the one product that I have really felt was worth the money.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: The Absorber: Unsolicited Endorsement

I've always wondered if that thing works. Might go buy one now. thanks for spending my money.
    "let's face it when you went into that voting booth you had a choice between 2 bowls of sh!t. the only difference was the smell"

LITEITUP

Ive got 2 of em. Work great. Better than any chamois Ive used.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

sinfuldragon

Have 2 as well, same as a "Shammy". Works wonders.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

After reading the "Chrome" thread I have decided that I should state that I am in no way employed, endorsed, coerced, bribed, blinded by, bamboozled, or affiliated with "The Absorber", its parent company or any subsidiaries.

Does that cover my butt or what?

slorider18

Quote Originally Posted by slickwill View Post
    After reading the "Chrome" thread I have decided that I should state that I am in no way employed, endorsed, coerced, bribed, blinded by, bamboozled, or affiliated with "The Absorber", its parent company or any subsidiaries.

Does that cover my butt or what?

do your parents work for them?????

briflight

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

he even managed to get in the word "bamboozeled". I gotta come back to this site more often.

you forgot "swindled"
    "let's face it when you went into that voting booth you had a choice between 2 bowls of sh!t. the only difference was the smell"

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I think maybe you spelled "bamboozled" wrong?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by slickwill View Post
    I think maybe you spelled "bamboozled" wrong?

yeah but mine goes good on a friday or saturday night

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

got me there

sinfuldragon

either way... it was a nice touch

xfactor

I like the absorber, been using it for years on my cars, usually use the water blade followed by the absorber, but the absorber has kinda been replaced, waffle weave microfiber towels, about the same price (ive used the sonus ones from autopia and the big blue ones from exceldetail, like the sonus ones better) those things rock much ass. the absorber leaves water and has to be followed up by a microfiber, and it has to be constantly wrung out.

I could dry my entire car (4 door sedan) and not wring out the waffle weave out once (i have tried and nothing comes out) I still like to follow up with a second waffle weave to get everything.

if you wanna try some without ordering online, walmart, in their kitchen towels section has waffle weave towels (white) in a 2 or 3 pack for under $4.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Thanks for the tip. I'll check those out.

MotoGPRacer

i tried it and it left watermarks all over my car. I may have had a defective one but it sucked

cmack72

That's what you get for going to Wal-mart

f1_hurricane

the absorber works like a charm, as does the waterblade. I worked as a car detailer for a toyota dealership and thats what we were given to dry the cars. I was skeptical at first but then after using it a couple of times I went out and bought an absorber annd then got all my friends hooked on them for their cars. The great thing about it is you never have to let it dry or anything just stuff it back in it's tube soaking wet and nothing grows and it doesnt smell. Two thumbs up for the absorber from me