T-Rex stands
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: T-Rex stands

midas6t6

T-Rex stands

Just wanted to let everyone know about T-Rex stands. I bought a set for my 929 off eBay - $108 delivered, got them in less than a week. Good quality, work well. Definitely worth the money - the other stands I looked at (except for Handy stands) were that much or more for one stand.

JeepinJeff

Re: T-Rex stands

I have a rear stand already but was considering getting one for the front.

It said there was some bolt on that one needed to do to make it work. Could you expain that?

midas6t6

I didn't have to get anything else to make it work. The stand just needs to be adjusted for width and you're set.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

JeepinJeff

Cool. Thanks for the info!

midas6t6

My mistake. it's the rear that's adjustable for height and width. I just told him what moddel bike I have and he sent the proper width front - it has a range of use to it so it probably works on most bikes, I'll have to try it on my others.

JeepinJeff

As long as it works well. I bought some aftermarket knock off for the front and it didn't work at all. I have a rear that came with the bike that the brand name suddenly escapes me. ( not enough coffee ) I've heard good things about the t-rex before. Now I just need to wait until payday.

Quick 26

wow it was 108 for both? does the rear use the spools?

JeepinJeff

no spools on the 929s. We use the swingarm.

Quick 26

i dont have any spools yet, but the mounts are there

JeepinJeff

I wish the 929s had the mounts for the spools. But, the swingarm isn't bad I guess once you get the hang of it.

sinfuldragon

f4i doesn't have spools either... I got a LP stand for the rear then fabed the pieces that normally grab spools to instead grab the swingarm.

Fastrr

I sooo want a bike lift table... I could probably make some coin on the side doing brake jobs, clutches, forks etc. Handy Industries has the lift i want.. or at least similar to. My back can't too much leaning over these days.

I'm using the Handy Ind. stands. The front is a little wobbly.. I just don't see a way that a front stand would not be that way though. I'm just careful with the bike when the front is up there.

midas6t6

The T-Rex will work with spools. Just let them know what bike you have - they sell something for spools too but I didn't bother to check that out.

briflight

Quote Originally Posted by Fastrr View Post
    I sooo want a bike lift table... I could probably make some coin on the side doing brake jobs, clutches, forks etc. Handy Industries has the lift i want.. or at least similar to. My back can't too much leaning over these days.

I'm using the Handy Ind. stands. The front is a little wobbly.. I just don't see a way that a front stand would not be that way though. I'm just careful with the bike when the front is up there.
    Just for your info, I purchased a T-Rex rear stand for my track bike and am not all that happy. After I assembled the thing and let my bike sit on it the arms seemed to sag inboard and keep pinching the swing arm. The uprights on the stand are bent so I wonder if the the steel use in mine is not up to the quality you guys have. It does get the bike up off the ground, so to that end it does work.

I hear you with a table. I already had a ramp to load my bike in the truck bed so I built myself a wooden bench for the trackbike. No more back aches and I put casters on it and roll it all over my garage. Works well for a home made piece. I made the top easily replaceable with a just a few screws holding it on for when it gets damaged. My bro said to cover the top with a fiberglass resin for durability. Haven't done that yet. I start the engine and walk beside it and idle the bike up the ramp on to the table. Make sure you keep your stand handy as if like me you don't have a side stand on your bike you'll be stuck if it's farther than an arm's length away. I'll try and post some pics if anyones interested. I had all the wood, glue, screws, castors, bolts and lags to finish the project. All I needed was an afternoon to build it.

Liteone-74

I have a question. Do the stand sets come with spools or are they an extra?? Did U buy the tree stand for the front or just the fork stand?

Quick 26

spools sold seperately

N23

The T-Rex stands I have are both the spools and flat edge type. You just flip that part like the PitBull stand. I agree with briflight in that they do bend inwards some but it doesn't scratch the swingarm but it does hold well and with my 220lb lard butt I'm not going to complain. Additionally, for the price I got both stands so I'm happy with the product.

Type Gendy

n23 are you talking about this stand bending a bit with you on the bike ON the stands?

N23

No, they just bend inward as if it isn't perfectly aligned. I don't have the problem that briflight is having where it touches the swingarm. I just notice that all 4 wheels are not on the ground when I put the bike up. However, it doesn't move, it's very solid. If I sat on it, I guess it does sag but nothing to the point that I would worry at all.

CARSON07

I PURCHASED A MOTORCYCLE LIFT TABLE FROM HARBOR FREIGHT FOR $399.00 BEST INVESTMENT I'VE MADE IN YEARS. THEIR NUMBER IS 1-800 423-2567. OR LOOK THEM UP AT HARBORFREIGHT.COM. THE ITEM NUMBER IS 91764-2NDH. I DON'T USUALLY RECOMMEND THINGS BUT HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH RECOMMENDING THIS TABLE. RIDE SAFE, CARSON07

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast