Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Best Bike Stand

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Best Bike Stand

I know this thread has kind of petered out but I have a Cycle Cat USC1 rear stand. Works awesome. don't even have to lift it off the sidestand. very sturdy and comes with both spool and underarm style lifters. won't be a very good stand to use in the pits if you aren't running with a kickstand but I have a Baxley Sportchock for that.
    Last edited by CBR929RE; 04-16-2008 at 10:34 PM.
    "let's face it when you went into that voting booth you had a choice between 2 bowls of sh!t. the only difference was the smell"

curt248

I just decided to buy a stand.

The T-Rex stands seem to be very well received. I read another post here and everyone seemed to love them. They were all saying that they are very stable and 1/2 the cost of pitbull.

Since the 929 has an uneven swingarm, you'd have to buy an adapter to use the pitbull rear stand, but apparently the T-rex stand has and adjustable height so it's not an issue.

They sell each one separately or for $137 + $25 shipping I purchased the combo that comes with the rear stand, the front stand (forks), and the triple tree adapter that lifts the bike by the triple tree instead so you can take the forks off if you wanted to.

They even sell a triple chrome plated version for $15 more. I ordered the galvanized gold, which looks pretty cool too.

bighicks2980

PIT BULL IS THE KING

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

95Roguem3

Quote Originally Posted by curt248 View Post
    I just decided to buy a stand.

The T-Rex stands seem to be very well received. I read another post here and everyone seemed to love them. They were all saying that they are very stable and 1/2 the cost of pitbull.

Since the 929 has an uneven swingarm, you'd have to buy an adapter to use the pitbull rear stand, but apparently the T-rex stand has and adjustable height so it's not an issue.
    Have you received your T-REX stand yet? Im looking at them online and wouldnt mind saving the $60 over going with a Pitbull stand if the T-Rex is a quality piece.

Thanks!

schnogg

I had the Handy Industries front+rear stands for my 929. They had a custom set that didn't require any adapters since the swingarm is uneven. They were cheap, but I had no problems with them.

curt248

I did receive the t-rex stand. I just looked at a friends pit bull stand and I think both are comparable quality. The t-rex has really nice big tubes like the pitt bull. I thought it would be a little wimpy, but it doesn't seem to be. I haven't put the bike on the stand yet, but I will tomorrow. I actually like the pit bull a bit better because I was able to choose a gold color that looks pretty trick.

I think you'll save more than $60 by going with the T-rex. You get all 3 stands for $137 + $25 shipping. That's the rear stand, the fork stand and the adapter to convert the fork stand to a triple tree stand (so you can take off the forks). All of the pieces work the same way the pitt bull ones do.

Both the pit bull and the t-rex are waay more beefy than a cheap stand I have borrowed from a friend of mine. With that stand, the bike is very wobbly.
    Last edited by curt248; 05-29-2008 at 1:38 AM.

95Roguem3

I did receive the t-rex stand. I just looked at a friends pit bull stand and I think both are comparable quality. The t-rex has really nice big tubes like the pitt bull. I thought it would be a little wimpy, but it doesn't seem to be. I haven't put the bike on the stand yet, but I will tomorrow.
    I look forward to hearing your opinions after putting the bike on the stand as well. Ive heard a few people mention the stand arms seem to bow in a little with the bike's weight on them.

Im leaning towards getting the T-Rex stand, but dont know for sure.

curt248

I tried the stand today. It really holds the bike up solidly. The height adjustment feature for the rear stand works great (the pitbull requires an extra block to purchase or use). The 929 has uneven swingarm heights so it requires some variation to keep the bike level.

The triple clamp stand is a little troubling due to the brake line y clamp being a bit in the way (would be for any stand). The pin that is used for the triple clamp was difficult to get out. I figured out that you need to change the height of the triple clamp stand to the shorest to work best. Even then it's a bit hard to get the pin to fall down out of the triple clamp hole (after the bike is back on the ground). I would assume that any triple clamp lift would have the same difficulty on the 929 since they are the same design concept, but I've never tried the pitbull or any stand with the triple clamp until today. A slightly smaller pin diameter might be helpful though. I may ask t-rex if there is an easier way to get it out or order a smaller pin (it fits perfectly its just hard to wiggle out).

The regular front stand works really well. It is solid and has really nice rubber pads. The rear stand also has rubber pads all around where the swing are attaches to the stand. The other rear stand of my buddies was just metal and put small scuffs on the swingarm.

The stand also has rubber pads for the stand to touch the ground while the bike is in the air. The other cheap stands I tried just rested on the metal frame of the stand itself.

The wheels have a wider stance than the cheap ones which add to the stability of the bike when up. The wheels are also of better quality and a little larger in diameter.

The finish of the gold stands that I purchased is really nice. The welds look smooth and the gold has a bit of irridium reflections to it that looks really cool.

These are definitely some quality stands. I figured this is one of those items that you will have for the rest of your life so I might as well buy quality.

I didn't see anything bow when I put the bike up. I'm not sure how it could with these beefy stands, but I didn't watch for it either. I'll have to check the next time I use them.

BTW if you have a 929 make sure to adjust the height of the rear stand all the was up on the right side or you'll tip the bike when trying to set it down when you're by yourself (since it leans to the right not to the left where the kickstand it).
    Last edited by curt248; 05-29-2008 at 3:13 PM.

95Roguem3

I tried the stand today.....
    Woah...thanks for the detailed review...very nice!

Im still up in the air about getting just a rear stand vs. getting both a front and rear stand...

Based upon this thread and a few others, most seem to have problems with:

1) The wheels not rolling easily (which I assume you didnt experience)
    2) The Triple Clamp up front (like you mention)
    3) Some say the rear uprights will bend in towards the swingarm under weight/load.

Im going to go ahead with the T-REX, now its just a matter of front and rear or just rear.

curt248

Did you end up getting a stand?

I can't believe how many times I've used my rear stand since getting it about a month ago.

The front stand will be needed whenever you change your front tire. If you don't have the stand, you will have to pay the dealer an extra $40 - $65 for them to do it.

I would probably just get the normal front stand that attaches to the bottom of the forks. The triple clamp one is cool, but too hard to take out to be used on a regular basis. I'm probably saying this becuase I've never had the need to take my forks off before. If I do, I've got the stand for that. The rear stand is irreplaceable though. I haven't needed the front stand yet either, but I will soon when I replace my front tire.

RaisedHaze

I bought a set of pit posse stands off of their ebay store shipped to my door for less than $120 for the combo. These stands are solid and are almost identical to the pit bulls except that they are 1. black only 2.they have dual wheels instead of single and 3.break apart into 3 parts each for easy shipping (2. and 3. are similar to T-Rex). They are very well constructed and my bike feels stable and safe on them.

ps. no height adjustment so not useful for 929rr

I guess pit bull stands are slightly better but as far as bang for buck (pit bull same setup cost = $300+ shipped)...

RaisedHaze

Has anyone else tried the pit posse stands?

I like mine but I haven't been able to do a side by side comparison with many others except the T-Rex. I personally like them better than T-Rex stands, because I think the design is more solid and there is less flex. I was thinking of welding the uprights to the u-bent tube to make it even more like pit bulls.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best Bike Stand-document-6.jpeg   Best Bike Stand-document-7.jpeg  

matt365

Front paddock stand from Barton Motors

My front stem stand is identical to this (just got it, but seems to work well, and be quite strong)

Front and rear Hindle stands (universal non-spool type rear), and a black jack lift for bigger projects.

Got the Hindle's with the 929 4 years ago, the Blackjack from a friend who was cleaning out his garage (freebie ), and the steering stem stand cost me about $80 bucks.
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Best Bike Stand-prodzoomimg1126.jpg   Best Bike Stand-black-jack-stand.jpg   Best Bike Stand-front-rear.jpg  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2