Best Bike Stand
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Best Bike Stand

Sintari

Best Bike Stand

So I have read several threads/articles on here concerning bike stands but I wanted everyones opinion on which company makes the best one for the money. Any advice would be appreciated. Thanks in advance!

Hondachunk

Re: Best Bike Stand

I use an Abba stand which lifts the rear off the ground a treat, will probably buy a headstock stand later this year

Bigtoe

PIT BULL hands down.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

jacobflyin

2 thumbs up for Pit bull stands very nice I use a cheaper version because I got all three stands at one time spool, fork, and head tube, But I have used the Pit Bull and they are nice and very well made.

segiano

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtoe View Post
    PIT BULL hands down.
    Echoing BigToe. I have the Pit Bull as well. Best stand I ever had.

Hammer

Pitt Bull

bulldog12

i finally ordered some stands last night. went with MotoGP front and rear for $89.99 total + shipping. don't know if they're any good, but didn't want to spend the $'s for the Pitt Bulls (which i'd really like to have)

Hope i like them.

oldnslow

Quote Originally Posted by bulldog12 View Post
    i finally ordered some stands last night. went with MotoGP front and rear for $89.99 total + shipping. don't know if they're any good, but didn't want to spend the $'s for the Pitt Bulls (which i'd really like to have)

Hope i like them.
    It's not really a matter of likeing them...It's a matter of if they will hold your bike without falling apert and your bike falling to the ground...

Having said that, I have some cheap ones and some pitbulls. I have not had a problem with the cheapies yet but you can certainly notice the difference in how sturdy the bike is on them compared to the pitbulls.

Good luck.

CBR_954_RR

Definitely for the Pit Bulls...i have two (front and rear) and they work great! i have no trouble gettin the bike on them, and they are very sturdy as well.

954BLADE

I had a cheap stand and you could see it "tweak" back and forth when it was under a load.. I bought the pit bull and it lofts it as if it is weightless!!

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Lockhart Phillips makes the worlds number one selling stand... In white or black. I have the white one. My bike (a 919) doesn't have spools to lift it with, so I had to get a generic swingarm stand. Works great, and it had "roller blade" style wheels. Good price to, 80 bucks give or take.
    -Adam

Bigtoe

I am confident enough to sit on my bike during the winter months and make vroom vroom sounds while my bike is on the Pit Bull Stands.

nedro

Best = Pitbull
    Best for the money = anything that doesn't cost you extra money in repairs.
    It always comes down to personal choice, doesn't it?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I use pitbull for my front stands, but am happy with my handy rear stand

oldnslow

Quote Originally Posted by Bigtoe View Post
    I am confident enough to sit on my bike during the winter months and make vroom vroom sounds while my bike is on the Pit Bull Stands.

shawdawg17

pitbull

waterproof

so it seems like pit bull is the hands down fasvorite. i'm shopping for a rear stand too, i'm gonna go with the pit bull but have a few questions...
    1. any advantage to the new forward handle vs traditional style?
    2. (and most important) wheres the cheapest i can get it online?

HondaGalToo

www.sportbiketrackgear.com has good prices in general. I haven't found many places giving any significant discount on the PitBull stuff. When I got mine, I ordered directly from PitBull, as they had free shipping. Don't know if that's still the case.

I've never tried one of the forward handle rear stands, so I don't know if there's an advantage, other than it saves some space in the garage.

waterproof

i just purchased the stand today, pit bull rear spooled, traditional. i got it from KneeDraggers.com - Sportbike Parts, Accessories, and Apparel. they;re usually a little pricey but they have good stuff and good customer service. they have it listed for $132, but i searched around and found it on a random site (oniedasuzuki.com) for $107 ... and kneedraggers did the right thing and matched the price.

waterproof

got my stand in today ... good stuff

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast