T-Rex Stand vs. PitBull Stand
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: T-Rex Stand vs. PitBull Stand

95Roguem3

T-Rex Stand vs. PitBull Stand

Ive been searching through the forum today and on other sites looking for stand reviews and have narrowed the selection down to (2) different stands:

1) Pitbull: Everyone recommends this stand if you have the $$ to spend. Ive never seen a poor review. Going to cost $120

2) T-Rex: Alot of positive feedback, though some claim the vertical uprights in the rear seem to bend a little. Going to cost $60 ( Review on this Forum: https://www.pioneerforums.com/forums/...ex-stands.html )

My bike will be on the rear stand for ~3 months (December though Early March) and will be sitting on bluestone which isnt perfectly level, but damn-near. Can anyone shed some light on the above?

Obviously if I dont need to spend the extra $$, I wont.

Also, while I have this post open, for 3 months of storage would you guys recommend using both a front and rear stand or just the rear stand?

Thanks!

sheepofblue

Re: T-Rex Stand vs. PitBull Stand

My Pitbulls will outlast me. I will be buying more this summer so I have two sets Spend more, buy it once, forget this problem forever.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You summed it up perfectly. I have the T-Rex stands and they are fine. They have rubbers on the bottom of the handle, dual wheels and they break down if nec. A touch flimsy compared to the pitbull but they do the job fine. I bought the pair on eBay for less than a single pitbull. I don't know why your bike has to be up for 3 months but just the rear up shouldn't be any problem. Looks cool when both ends are up I must say though.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

95Roguem3

Quote Originally Posted by sheepofblue View Post
    My Pitbulls will outlast me. I will be buying more this summer so I have two sets Spend more, buy it once, forget this problem forever.
    Thanks for the reply. Its really just an issue of, like stated below, saving nearly 50% going with T-REX. Im all for spending more if Im getting a substantially superior product, but not if its only for a slight difference.
    Quote Originally Posted by denzee View Post
    You summed it up perfectly. I have the T-Rex stands and they are fine. They have rubbers on the bottom of the handle, dual wheels and they break down if nec. A touch flimsy compared to the pitbull but they do the job fine. I bought the pair on eBay for less than a single pitbull. I don't know why your bike has to be up for 3 months but just the rear up shouldn't be any problem. Looks cool when both ends are up I must say though.
    It will be stored at my condo in my backyard and I feel better leaving it on the stand (more stability) than just leaving it covered with the kickstand down.

Denzee, If you were to buy a stand again, would you go with the T-Rex or the Pitbull?

Keep the replies coming!

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have to go for value on this one and the T-Rex stands win hands down. Let's just see if others agree. I know the pitbulls are superior but I'm not at the track going up and down all the time so for the use they get, they're great.
    I love putting my bike up on both to clean the wheels and for chain maintenance. You can buy both t-rex for usually less than half of one pitbull stand. Get them in gold and they almost look the same.
    If money is no object than obviously go with the pitbulls.

Smokngun

I've used both. I have a T-Rex front & a cheepie LP rear stand "procured" from my racing friend when he bought Pit-Bull's. Spending MY money, the T-Rex stands ROCK! Not really found them to flex at all (front) but will have to see when I buy a rear (Steve is gonna want his LP stand back sooner or later!). His Pit-Bulls are strong as an OX, and can definately reccomend them, but he also makes twice what I do so he can afford to spend double on stands. If you're concerned about image, the Pit Bull's are for you. If you dont mind saving $100-$150 on a pair of stands, get the T-Rex's!

marley5205

I own the T-rex and never had a problem until one week before I was getting ready to sell my old bike. I did not make sure the moveable adjustable part which connects to the swingarm was tightened down, there is a knob. The part can go in and out to adjust to different swingarms.

Well, I had the bike in the air when one side of the T-rex moved and I barely caught the bike and held on to my old best friend. hehe... I had to yell to the weird neighbor lady to pull the T-rex out while I lifted the rear of the bike.

It all worked out...

To everyone who owns a T-rex... Make sure the adjustable part on the rear stand is tightened down before you use it again.

sheepofblue

Further Pitbull is a family owned company that actually comes up with new products and makes them in the USA. TRex's website appears to be down now but I believe they tend to reproduce things (cannot verify that without a site). Now this would seem to be not your problem but when you only pay for knockoffs R&D will cease.

HondaGalToo

Another good option to look into are the Woodcraft stands. They may be a bit cheaper than Pitbull. I have a set of those, too, and, at least for my '07 gsxr, they are MUCH easier to use than the PB. I don't know why, but putting that bike on the front stand with Woodcraft is a one-handed easy affair. With the PB, I literally have to lean on it with 2 hands and all of my weight. Isn't like that with my 929. Yeah, I have the correct pin.

curt248

I have the trex stands and the are very beefy. I haven't tried the pit bull stands but have seen them plenty of times at the dealers. They both look to be about the same build quality. T-rex really outdid themselves by making quality stands that are affordable. I think mine were ~$150 shipped and included 3 stands the rear, and the front for the forks and the attachement so you can take off the forks while leaving the bike in the air.

maxib

I have no experience with T-Rex so I cannot comment. Just wanted you to know that I have PitBull and would purchase again. Great product and great folks to deal with.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have the Pit Bull stands and would purcahse again.

nedro

Why are you putting it on stands for 3 months? Taking the wheels off?
    If for safety, the side stand is safer.

alcopaulic

I think you put it on the stand for 3 months because leaving your bike sit for that long and not moving it might cause flat spots on the tires.

curt248

On motocross bikes we put our bikes tires off the ground when in storage to unload the springs. If the springs have weight on them, they tend to change thier spring rate. I think most do the same for cars that are stored for years.

nedro

Quote Originally Posted by curt248 View Post
    On motocross bikes we put our bikes tires off the ground when in storage to unload the springs. If the springs have weight on them, they tend to change thier spring rate. I think most do the same for cars that are stored for years.
    That was why I asked. Rear sportbike stands do not unload the suspension, and only steering neck front stands unload the front. All the rest do not.
    The flat spot thing is pretty funny for a 150 Lbs or so load on each tire. I bought my stands because I didn't have a kickstand.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by curt248 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by nedro View Post
    That was why I asked. Rear sportbike stands do not unload the suspension, and only steering neck front stands unload the front. All the rest do not.
    The flat spot thing is pretty funny for a 150 Lbs or so load on each tire. I bought my stands because I didn't have a kickstand.
    The issue I see is it can't be a spring issue. What is the difference between leaving it on the sidestand and using it during those three months and just leaving it on the sidestand and not using it? The suspension still has a load on it either way.

You can get a flat spot but after a few miles and once the tires are warmed up it will go away. You have to pay attention for it.

curt248

I would think the sidestand would be a bit safer. If the rear stand gets lifted a bit by someone or something it will tip the whole bike over.