Oil Change interval
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Oil Change interval

Red919

Oil Change interval

I know this has probably been asked numerous times but I changed the oil on my new 919 this afternoon and the owner manual says that after the initial 600 mile change that regular routine changes should be done every 8000 miles!
    I've had bikes for a quite a few years and this is the 1st one that had an interval that long. I've always done it every 3k.
    What gives? Can I go this long between changes or should I stick with the tried and true 3K?

Thanks

bulldog12

Re: Oil Change interval

my 07 CBR1000RR calls for the same thing. no way would i wait for 8K, even with track day's, commuting, and group rides i change at 3K. i use the Repsol semi/synth and have had good luck so far. i don't doubt the motor would do just fine at 8K changes i just wouldn't feel comfortable doing it.

curt248

8K huh? I know my 1987 acura legend had an oil change interval of 7500 miles. At the time it seemed pretty crazy.

Oils have gotten so much better than what they were in the 70's and 80's. Apparently, from what I've read, they have made some huge leaps in the last 5 years or so.

Maybe 8K is ok. I think oil related engine wear is becomming a thing of the past.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Grover130

Red919 - I think your new bike would like 3k oil changes. Keeping the oil fresh can't hurt.

Red919

I feel like maybe 5k at the very maximum, but I'll probably still change it closer to 3k anyway. Oil is still kinda cheap.....compared to a ragged-out motor
    Thanks for the input

Search tags for this page

oil change honda 919

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.