Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Thread: Hauling in the bed...

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Hauling in the bed...

I saw this at the Cycle Show and it looked to be rock solid. The owner had a VTX1800 in it and was leaning the bike damn near on it side without any problems. He claimed that the Baxley pinches the wheel as opposed to clamping the wheel, for whatever that's worth...

Condor

I see Baxley has raised their price (was $195).
    Last edited by Red Rider; 05-10-2004 at 2:23 PM.

Chain

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    Chain, maybe it was while you were on hiatus, but there's a thread around here somewhere discussing the Bike-Grab, which I have, and the Baxley Sport Chock, which I will get soon. I got my Bike Grab as part of a group buy, for under $100. If I had to pay full price, I'd go for the Baxley without thinking twice about it.
    That's good to know Pete, thnx.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by Pete
    ..which I have, and the Baxley Sport Chock, which I will get soon. I got my Bike Grab as part of a group buy, for under $100. If I had to pay full price, I'd go for the Baxley without thinking twice about it.
    you know Pete, you'd have more room for chocks and lifts if you sold your bike? Probably fit a lift and a few chocks in the valuable space that thing is takin up

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by SomeStrangeGuy
    you know Pete, you'd have more room for chocks and lifts if you sold your bike? Probably fit a lift and a few chocks in the valuable space that thing is takin up

brian48130

I drove 1200 miles with my 929 in the back of a Ford Ranger. Just buy 4 ratcheting tie-downs for about $20, they're so strong the truck will far apart before the bike ever moves. I attached 2 to the frame, and 2 to the sub-frame. You don't need anything to hold the wheels.
    Last edited by brian48130; 05-11-2004 at 12:39 PM. Reason: spelling

MrX954

Quote Originally Posted by brian48130
    I drove 1200 miles with my 929 in the back of a Ford Ranger. Just buy 4 ratcheting tie-downs for about $20, they're so strong the truck will far apart before the bike ever moves. I attached 2 to the frame, and 2 to the sub-frame. You don't need anything to hold the wheels.
    I have to bring my friends F4i in the bed of my Toyota no chock, I was going to do handlebars --> lower hooks, then passenger pegs --> rear hooks, my 954 is going on my utility trailer fitted with a wheel chock and I was planning on doing soft hooks on the lower triple tree --> front hooks on trailer then soft hooks on the passenger pegs --> rear side hooks...this sound like a safe plan, going roughly 40-50 miles to the track, highway and or backroads.

brian48130

Quote Originally Posted by MrX954
    I have to bring my friends F4i in the bed of my Toyota no chock, I was going to do handlebars --> lower hooks, then passenger pegs --> rear hooks, my 954 is going on my utility trailer fitted with a wheel chock and I was planning on doing soft hooks on the lower triple tree --> front hooks on trailer then soft hooks on the passenger pegs --> rear side hooks...this sound like a safe plan, going roughly 40-50 miles to the track, highway and or backroads.
    I'm not sure if the handlebars would bend or not from this? If you can strap it to the forks and passenger pegs that would be perfect. My tie-downs only had hooks, which won't work on the forks. Also, be careful with the rear hooks, I put a tiny dent in my tail because the hook pressed against the body.

If you're not sure if it's stable, sit on it once you tie it down and shake the hell out of it. If the bed moves instead of the bike, you're good.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3