Silverado hop-ups?
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Silverado hop-ups?

slowpoke

Silverado hop-ups?

I was checking out an issue of 'Sport Truck' and was wondering if anybody has tried one of the many FIPK setups(K&N, Volant, Airaid, etc.) they have advertised? Do they really make that much difference or is it a lot of BS? I'm looking to get just a little more torque and maybe better milage out of an '00 4.8L Silverado. Any suggestions? And don't tell me to trade it for a 5.3 or 6.0, etc.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Silverado hop-ups?

I have one on my 5.0 Mustang...I know it's not a truck but it's basically the same thing, replace the airbox with some tubing and a conical fabric filter, hopefully placed outside the engine compartment.

I don't think it did much.

I put a K&N panel filter in my diesel truck in the stock airbox, but I did some other things at the same time (new fuel filter and oil change) which did show about a MPG over my previous best.
    Last edited by luvtolean; 04-23-2004 at 1:20 PM.

Serial Thriller

You can find plenty of info on your truck here.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Trade it for an 8.1

(hey it wasn't on the list!)

CBRBob

In the last few months I did a few things on my Ranger 4.0. I tried a tubular intake with 4" K&N on the end (inside engine compt.) There was a noticable improvement. I added a cat back Gibson exhaust, same thing, good improvement. Then I came across a deal, a Paxton kit and picked it up for $1,300. BIG improvement, same mileage(!) I towed 2 bikes + gear + etc. and got the same mileage as prior trips and it pulled up PA. mountains in 5th gear I would say a good intake and exh should be worth probably 15-25 up top.