The chase vehicle
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Results 1 to 9 of 9

Thread: The chase vehicle

  1. #1
    figment
    Guest

    The chase vehicle

    A truck or van used to carry equipment for the support of a group of MC riders on a trip or outing. What do you think would be needed for a generic type on-road trip of a week or so? Anyone done this before?

  2. #2
    freq
    Guest

    Re: The chase vehicle

    Like when Jesse James rode from his shop to Black Hills and broke down numerous times?

  3. #3
    2OHOH2
    Guest

    Re: The chase vehicle

    Depends on the size of the group (5? 10? 50?), the bikes they ride (cruisers? touring? makes?), each bike's and owner's personal preparedness (tires good enough? oil level ok? range of clothing packed? etc), and some other factors.

    Anything ranging from a full size pickup truck and/or panel van, to a large U-haul van with a large enclosed trailer.



    Last year, while at the Gap, I ran into a large group of riders from Texas. A mixed bag of mostly Harleys and GoldWings, with some other bikes sprinkled in. Had to be about 30-40 bikes. They had a large u-haul moving van, that's it.

  4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements
     

  5. #4
    figment
    Guest

    Re: The chase vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by 2OHOH2954
    Depends on the size of the group (5? 10? 50?), the bikes they ride (cruisers? touring? makes?), each bike's and owner's personal preparedness (tires good enough? oil level ok? range of clothing packed? etc), and some other factors.

    Anything ranging from a full size pickup truck and/or panel van, to a large U-haul van with a large enclosed trailer.



    Last year, while at the Gap, I ran into a large group of riders from Texas. A mixed bag of mostly Harleys and GoldWings, with some other bikes sprinkled in. Had to be about 30-40 bikes. They had a large u-haul moving van, that's it.
    thanks!

    I was thinking no more than 10 bikes all sport/touring.
    The vehicle would carry ALL luggage so the bikes would have no impedances. I'd need emergency tools cell phones and a way to haul a bike for repair etc...I'd also have coolers for roadside picnics etc...

  6. #5

    Member #
    1
    Join Date
    05-01-2001
    Posts
    138
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Rep Power
    0

    Re: The chase vehicle

    So who would be the "lucky" person that got to drive the truck instead of ride?

  7. #6
    RedTalon
    Guest

    Re: The chase vehicle

    sounds like a party!

  8. #7
    figment
    Guest

    Re: The chase vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by ConqSoft
    So who would be the "lucky" person that got to drive the truck instead of ride?
    my wife

  9. #8
    figment
    Guest

    Re: The chase vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by RedTalon
    sounds like a party!
    but NO booze until after each ride is over for the day
    Last edited by figment; 06-09-2004 at 12:06 PM.

  10. #9
    RedTalon
    Guest

    Re: The chase vehicle

    Quote Originally Posted by figment
    but NO booze until after each ride is over for the day
    still sounds like a party!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •