Stolen - @#$%
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Stolen - @#$%

Acidreign

Stolen - @#$%

Some sticky fingered low life cut the lock on my trailer and drove off with it last night! The police think they found what is left of it - all parts with anything identifiable had been removed and dumped. They found what looked like parts of the box. Freakin' makes me angry! Just relieved that the bike was not being stored in the trailer at the time.

figment

Re: Stolen - @#$%

Did you have trailer INSurance?

Sorry the hear this

Acidreign

Trailer insurance? Now that would have been a grand idea... *unintelligable mumbles* No. Was parked in the driveway - will discuss it with the home owners agent, but pretty sure it won't be covered. Oh well . . . at least it was not very expensive to my pocket. Bought used from a guy that used to install siding.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

2OHOH2

That sucks, but what sucks even more is the possibility that it might have been used to steal other stuff, including motorcycles

figment

the cow has left the barn I pay 42/year for ~$3k trailer insurance

Conq told me about it a while back.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I have trailer and contents insurance through State Farm that cover up to 50K and it costs around 78.00 a year. The agent isn't certain whether the bike would be covered or not (and I'm certainly not counting on it, as I have Fire/Theft etc. on the bike), but my Kennedy tool chest and contents are well over 20K and the incidentals inside the trailer would cost 10K to replace, so this made a lot of sense to me . . .

sporky

that sucks..

CBRVFR

Sorry to hear it, acid-- What with you and NinerPilot getting ripped off so boldly, I'm thinking maybe TN isn't such a low crime area?

maxib

acid --before I opened this thread I got a sinking feeling that another .org member had their bike ripped off by scum. I am totally sorry to hear of your loss, but relieved it wasn't the bike. Hang in there. Those a**holes will pay someday.

abtech --thanks for that info. I didn't realize insurance on a trailer and contents like that was available.

sheepofblue

Quote Originally Posted by abtech
    I have trailer and contents insurance through State Farm that cover up to 50K and it costs around 78.00 a year. The agent isn't certain whether the bike would be covered or not (and I'm certainly not counting on it, as I have Fire/Theft etc. on the bike), but my Kennedy tool chest and contents are well over 20K and the incidentals inside the trailer would cost 10K to replace, so this made a lot of sense to me . . .
    As someone that lost a toolbox to scum once (he is rotting in jail ) I would recommend you do an inventory. Trying to remember tools is VERY hard to do without missing some.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Check with your homeowners. I know you said that you thought it would not be covered. But I would ask.... It is on your property at the time a lot of insurance companies will cover it. I had some property of mine stolen while on my driveway and my insurance company covered it under home owners.

Acidreign

Definatly going to be checking - not holding my breath, but checking.

929_Nupe

Quote Originally Posted by Acidreign
    Definatly going to be checking - not holding my breath, but checking.

Good Luck ....

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by figment
    the cow has left the barn I pay 42/year for ~$3k trailer insurance

Conq told me about it a while back.
    Ditto here. Small price to pay for big piece of mind.

Sorry to hear about the loss...hope they find the bastards.