forward air to Australia
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: forward air to Australia

sheepofblue

forward air to Australia

OK one day I want to visit and ride there and Tas. So has anyone shipped a bike downunder? If I went it would be for an extended stay (month or at least a couple weeks) so renting might be $$$

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: forward air to Australia

It's probably cheaper to find a CBR600F3 or similar, or VFR750, buy it, then sell it when you go. Shipping usually works out to about $4k-$6k from memory when I checked about getting my bike to the US (I was thinking of Grattan )

But it worked out that it's cheaper to just buy a bike, even if I don't sell it and dump it when I left.

Z...

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So does this mean you're coming?

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

sheepofblue

Quote Originally Posted by Zeeman
    It's probably cheaper to find a CBR600F3 or similar, or VFR750, buy it, then sell it when you go. Shipping usually works out to about $4k-$6k from memory when I checked about getting my bike to the US (I was thinking of Grattan )

But it worked out that it's cheaper to just buy a bike, even if I don't sell it and dump it when I left.

Z...
    I had thought of doing that but then there is plates and insurance and I ain't a residence (while I could run the foriegn stuff fine) but 4-6K is steep.

Thanks for the quick feedback.

ND: it has been a goal and with some of the cool aussies I have met on the org I could even invade some folks Also would like to get to the sheepland ooops I mean New Zealand one day

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I was asking Zeeman

sheepofblue

Quote Originally Posted by ND4SPD
    I was asking Zeeman
    figured that after I posted. It would be soooo cool if he could make it. I am think it safe to say he would not have to dump the bike either as a would sell it for him and send the check. So likely the loss would be much lower.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sheepofblue
    I am think it safe to say he would not have to dump the bike either as a would sell it for him and send the check. So likely the loss would be much lower.
    I'd have to say that there would be more than one Aussie (or new Aussie, Bacchus) that would be happy to do the same for you.

matt232

should be able to find you somewhere to graze.

Zee is right, shipping would be a killer, you'd have to probably get the bike checked out and rego'd. For a 1 month stay it probably wouldn't be worth it.

Bike Hire

Shipping

NZ bike rental

typical bike prices

I seem to recall a website somewhere that would pair up riders from other countries so that they could use the others bikes will in the other country. can't remember what it was though.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Look into a company called EIMSKIP, for shipping too.

sheepofblue

Quote Originally Posted by seamus
    I'd have to say that there would be more than one Aussie (or new Aussie, Bacchus) that would be happy to do the same for you.
    I considered it but unlike him I would be planning more road miles (maybe zero on track) therefore plates/insurance/title etc come into play. Not sure this is a long term plot that one day I would love to go there.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by ND4SPD
    So does this mean you're coming?
    Not sure yet - I am looking into a round world trip, and if the dates coincide, I'd definatley pop by - if for nothing more than taking photos and meeting up with the fellow orgers. I don't think I could afford to buy a bike this time around (Unless it was a little 125cc something or other... ) but we shall see. I wont sign my name until everything is do-able...

Z...