E Track
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: E Track

fastjester

E Track

I have never used the E track system before so maybe someone could help.

I just bought a 16 foot utility trailer and I was going to but some E track down the middle (15' of it). The question i have is this. If I have two bikes on each side of the E track can I use the same d-rings that snap into the track for both bikes or do they need their own d-rings? What I'm saying is two tie-down hooks would be on one d-ring going to the bikes on each side of the E track.

F/J

sheepofblue

Re: E Track

The rings should be load rated. I would think that two sport bikes should be fine on most rings but check the rating.

fastjester

The website I was looking at rated them at I think 4100 lbs breaking point. I just didn't know if the rings locked in and force could be applied in more than one direction.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

sheepofblue

Yes the etrack locks by a bar that drops in place basically. Pretty strong connection.

Baketech

Quote Originally Posted by fastjester
    I just bought a 16 foot utility trailer and I was going to but some E track down the middle (15' of it). The question i have is this. If I have two bikes on each side of the E track can I use the same d-rings that snap into the track for both bikes or do they need their own d-rings? What I'm saying is two tie-down hooks would be on one d-ring going to the bikes on each side of the E track.

F/J

This is a really good question...I've done it a couple of times when needed, but for some reason, I tend to use a seperate set of rings for each bike. It just doesn't seem "right" when they are on the same rings....

Would be good to get one of our military cargo/payload guys to weigh in on this...

SilverBullet

If it were me, I would pay the few dollars for another D-ring attachment.