Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Bought a new trailer

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bought a new trailer

So, I actually did pick up a new trailer. Purchased it to move the two bikes from G'ville to Danville, but of course, was two days too late and only moved the one remaining bike.

I got a 6x12 Continental Cargo with the V-nose, spare tire, rear chocks, medium duty door with lift assist, extended roof with flat top, roof vent, and electric brakes. In champagne...

I've never towed a trailer this size and it pulled extremely well. The SUV I pull it with isn't that powerful so I could definately tell it was there while accelerating. But wow, what a difference electric brakes make! It was almost like the trailer wasn't there at all while stopping. I felt much safer that way. Especially since I had to drive through the remnants of Alberto...

Pictures to follow once I get back to Danville.

I want to paint the inside white. Is there some traction paint or something available to paint the floor with? I put in a Baxley chock and a couple of Ancra removable tie downs. Once I have another bike, I will fit in a removable wheel chock and a few more tie downs.

I am pretty sure I can fit a third bike in there if I ever need to.

HondaGalToo

Re: Bought a new trailer

The floor of ours was painted with the spray-on truck bedliner stuff. It's held up great and offers more traction than regular paint.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've seen people put fine sand into the paint for traction.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Buy can buy flooring paint at Lowe's or Home Depot and it has a granular material you mix into it before rolling it on. That's what I had in my last trailer.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Good choice...I've got a Continental Cargo trailer, too. I didn't bother to paint the walls white, but you can find non-skid paints at any marine supply store.

sheepofblue

I just used latex house paint that I had for the floor, it is a bit tacky but I would consider HondaGalToo's advice. Also there are some interesting solutions for etrack mounted chocks. You may be able to combine the ideas into something great.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I've certainly been at Lowes and in their paint section enough... I'll keep my eyes out for some of that traction paint...

wolley

I used a porch and floor paint with traction addditive already pre-mixed. I also painted the walls white. Really brightens it up inside

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I found the right paint and the traction additive... now to find the time to paint it...

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Finally got a photo of the trailer...

Like the dirt? I kinda spun the wheels of the truck pulling the trailer out of the hiding place I have for it...
    Last edited by TraumaOne; 12-18-2006 at 10:59 PM.

mlwinnig

Re: Bought a new trailer - Me too! In / Out Mods???

Gotta love Craig's List...

Posted a wanted add in the last week, and got two replies. A friend may be interested in the 24' (26'? I forget) when the people sell the car which currently lives in it.

I will make do with the 2007 Haulmark 6' x 12' x 6.5' H which the guy used to move a state away, and for not much else. He never titled it, so it is technically new. I know... I need to be careful so I can title it OK. At $2,100 I should be able to sell it for what I have in it at almost any time, and will get within a few hundo of that in several years. Oh, and he is hauling it back here too!

Anyone know if the brush on "Rhino-lining" type stuff the auto parts and hardware stores sell is any better than paint and sand? I have to assume it is. It is about $100/gal., and a 6' truck bed needs one can. Pints and quarts (I think ) are also available. DAMN! THAT would have been something to stick in the Ace 20% off bag sale this past weekend!

Glad someone mentioned wall paint. That sounds like a good idea too!'

How expensive is the track system for the floor stuff, and where do you get it? Truck cap / accessory store?

I put a plastic tongue box on a Menard's flatbed, and it is handy, but some assholes tried to break into it and messed it up a bit... still OK though.

Thinking of going Diamond Plate box on the Haulmark. Nice to keep gas out of the interior I think.