more e-track ????
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: more e-track ????

fastjester

more e-track ????

OK, I have the trailer (6.4' X 16', wood floor). The E track is on the way. What is the best way to mount the track. My bike is the 954 but I will be trailering some big bikes 600-900 Lbs.

F/J

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: more e-track ????

Is this an open or closed trailer? What kind of wood floor, planks or plywood? Got any pics of it?

Check with the guys at Northside Choppers, they should be able to give you some tips too. Seemed pretty knowledgeable and willing to help out when I stopped in there looking for some hard to find parts.

fastjester

Quote Originally Posted by seamus View Post
    Is this an open or closed trailer? What kind of wood floor, planks or plywood? Got any pics of it?

Check with the guys at Northside Choppers, they should be able to give you some tips too. Seemed pretty knowledgeable and willing to help out when I stopped in there looking for some hard to find parts.
    Its a open utility trailer with wood planks. 2x6x16

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Hammer

You cannot have too much e-track.

I have 2 Pingel chocks with the mounting hardware for sale if you want them, they are 6.5 in wide. $30 each + shipping.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Bolt the e-track...every hole if you're concerned about strength.

Hammer

Quote Originally Posted by Red Rider View Post
    Bolt the e-track...every hole if you're concerned about strength.
    I used 1/4 in lag bolts in every hole and does not move at all. I have heard of people drilling all the way through and installing nuts on the back but a little overkill IMO

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I used lag bolts, too, but if he's concerned about a 900# load than thru-bolting would be safest.

fastjester

Quote Originally Posted by Hammer View Post
    You cannot have too much e-track.

I have 2 Pingel chocks with the mounting hardware for sale if you want them, they are 6.5 in wide. $30 each + shipping.
    thanks for the offer. I have a baileys for my bike but I'll tell the others if they need one.

fastjester

Thanks for the info. I was thinking of bolting all the way through but I didn't know if that was overkill. I wanted just to screw it down due to the ease of it but better safe than four really big pissed off guys.

Baketech

Lots of ways to skin a cat eh?

Personally I like the thru-bolts with nyloks spaced every 8"....maybe a little closer in areas where I know there will be a lot of clips.
    Last edited by Baketech; 07-14-2006 at 7:55 AM.

sheepofblue

Quote Originally Posted by Baketech View Post

Personally I like the thru-bolts with nyloks spaced every 8"....maybe a little closer in areas where I know there will be a lot of clips.
    a few extra bolts is MUCH cheaper than having a track come loose.

HondaGalToo

Quote Originally Posted by Baketech View Post

I did something very similar. Bolted through the wooden floor with big fender washers with nylon locking nuts on the underside. I forget how close they were, but a bolt about every 8" sounds about like what I did. I wouldn't trust them simply screwed into the wood, even if it was every hole. In some places, the track that the trailer place installed was over a metal support on the trailer frame and in those areas, they put in one of those self-tapping metal screws with no nut on the end, which is fine; I doubt it would pull out of metal.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I didn't use etrack on mine. I bought some of those truck bed tie downs that go along the bed sides, took the rubber blocks out, drilled through the boards and frame and bolted the tie downs to it.