Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: SSG Review - Merangue TOW EASY

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

SSG Review - Merangue TOW EASY

Product Link

I have had this thing since earlier this spring and kept forgetting to find the website for the company that made it. Finally yesterday after being asked for the 50th time if someone could borrow it/ where did I get it/ who makes it...I trekked to the middle class's rodeo drive custom rv outfitters (Wal-mart) and dug the website off the box, just for you fine folks

There isn't really alot to say other then this thing is about the best $ I have spent on towing goods ever.

If you aren't psychic, don't have eyes in the back of your truck, don't have anyone else around...or - only have people around that you wish were NOT there at the time to assist you, this thing is terrific. There is nothing like telling your girlfriend your all set and actually meaning it, you know when you tell her that just to get her outta there that your painting your tailgate the following week.

Though the imagery on the website depicts a car using it and it looks rather fruity, the product itself is quite the opposite. It extends tall enough to work on trucks with taller tailgates.

It also has large enough magnets and/or various hardware to secure it to most combinations of trailers/trucks. It comes with a mesh storage bag and fits nicely under a bench seat or in my case, the trunk.

You can find it for $20 at walmart in the automotive section, or if you can't -try a different Wal-mart I have 3 within 15 miles of me and it is only stocked at 1, weirdos.

Enjoy

HondaGalToo

Re: SSG Review - Merangue TOW EASY

I've heard of those. I really should invest in one. My method now is to get it close, get out and look, adjust, and repeat 3 times to 100 times, depending on the day.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HondaGalToo View Post
    I've heard of those. I really should invest in one. My method now is to get it close, get out and look, adjust, and repeat 3 times to 100 times, depending on the day.
    My method was that cubed, since my trailer is 'invisible' unless it has bikes on it I've punched it into a few things

I should also add this thing really has no learning curve at all, if your familiar with backing up with a trailer etc. it's just common sense...you can even use your rearview mirror to hitch-up, amazing!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

HondaGalToo

Haha, yeah, mine's a tall enclosed one so I can at least see it. OTOH, when I had a landscape trailer it was light enough to push it around.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HondaGalToo View Post
    ...when I had a landscape trailer it was light enough to push it around.
    Well that's fine and all, but towing is still more convenient

HondaGalToo

Quote Originally Posted by SomeStrangeGuy View Post
    Well that's fine and all, but towing is still more convenient

you got me!!

booracer

Great idea. x-mas present for someone...

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Yeah, good idea.

Using HG's method I messed up the trailer light connector on my truck when it hit the tongue of the trailer.

booracer

Quote Originally Posted by luvtolean View Post
    Yeah, good idea.

Using HG's method I messed up the trailer light connector on my truck when it hit the tongue of the trailer.

been there, done that