Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Hitch mounted ramp

sammae01

Hitch mounted ramp

Truck Motorcycle Ramp

I was eyeballing this ramp. I wanted to know if anyone else is using the same, or similar ramp on their truck, I know most of you shmucks are balling and have trailers. but there has to be someone on this forum with some info. It will be going on a Ridgeline.

Thanks

SPY

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Hitch mounted ramp

No experience with it but it looks cool! I would not mind picking on up as well.

HondaGalToo

Never used one of those, either, but if it works as advertised, it's a great idea. One of the problems with regular ramps is that they aren't secured. I can't tell you how many times I've see guys loading a bike in a pickup and just as they almost have the bike in, the ramp kicks out and down everybody and everything goes. That set up looks good, the ramp is secured to the hitch, and it's wide so you can run up with the bike.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by HondaGalToo View Post
    I can't tell you how many times I've see guys loading a bike in a pickup and just as they almost have the bike in, the ramp kicks out and down everybody and everything goes. That set up looks good, the ramp is secured to the hitch, and it's wide so you can run up with the bike.
    Ooooooo. I saw bunch of guys "riding" their bikes up the curved ramps at my last track day. Scared me - just to watch. Yikes!

I would use this set-up, I think. And I am really paranoid about dropping my bike.

HondaGalToo

Quote Originally Posted by clutchslip View Post
    Ooooooo. I saw bunch of guys "riding" their bikes up the curved ramps at my last track day. Scared me - just to watch. Yikes!
    I've seen that, too, and it's a really good way to damage your bike and body. I'm short, so I wouldn't even try that with a very light bike. Even with this hitch mount, I still wouldn't ride it up, although I might use the motor to help if I couldn't get a running start.

EDDIE110171

Quote Originally Posted by HondaGalToo View Post
    One of the problems with regular ramps is that they aren't secured.
    We always strap our ramps to keep them from kicking out.

sammae01

I like how it works also, but I'm the kind of person that buys a product in which i know people use and give me their opinions of its actual use, not the biased stuff from the sites.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You could get a pretty nice trailer for that much money.

sammae01

trailer = having to register it, hook up the lights, another "car", something that i need to deal with when i need to use my truck for something besides transporting my bikes. because it will still be a truck, not a truck pulling something. I think it easier?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I would think of the bulk of that ramp and storing it when not in use. I've got a couple of arched fold up aluminum ramps that are light and easily stored in the garage when not in use. $150.00 at Sears. After buying my truck and said ramps, I sold the rail under my jet ski that I used on the trailer. No more paying tolls trailering to the track. There are ups and downs of both ways and I do agree that using the truck without a trailer is the best bet hands down, but 6 bills or over for a ramp is pretty steep.

Rcdyna

Yes, I happen to have this ramp and have nothing bad to say about it. The only neg. I should say is that the ramp is heavy, not a one man operation to put on the truck. Rides great on the truck and you can padlock the ramp at the gate and the hitch. Nice and wide for loading and unloading. Wish you were local because I'm selling mine and getting a trailer. The only reason I'm selling it is because my truck sits pretty high, this makes the angle of the ramp on the steep side. I'm a older guy and go to track days by myself, all the guys my age are HD types. I don't like loading the bike by myself, but with two guys it's no problem even with my high riding truck, and thats the only reason I'm now thinking trailer.

The good news with this ramp is

1. No storage issues

2. No license plates

3. No added fees on tollroads

4. No additional driving worries, as with a trailer

benvfr

Quote Originally Posted by Rcdyna View Post
    Yes, I happen to have this ramp and have nothing bad to say about it. The only neg. I should say is that the ramp is heavy
    Have had this ramp for 5 years now....... been great, once it was on the truck. They do have a new aluminum out now too. I wish I could trade in for that one. I also just bought the attachment that allows me to tow a trailer at the same time the ramp is mounted. a bracket moves the ramp closer to the truck, you simply take off the tailgate and use a piece of 3/4 plywood to bridge the bumber gap..... very handy.

http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e5...IMG_3227_1.jpg
    http://i37.photobucket.com/albums/e54/sprd/IMG_3222.jpg
    Last edited by benvfr; 01-04-2007 at 5:21 PM. Reason: added some pics

sammae01

Awesome ! thanks for the feedback fellas. I'm trying to load two bikes onto the ridgeline with this ramp, sounds great

sammae01

in conjunction to the safe t ramp. I was looking into this for two moto transportation. U.S. Rack pickup truck racks

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Quote Originally Posted by sammae01 View Post
    in conjunction to the safe t ramp. I was looking into this for two moto transportation. U.S. Rack pickup truck racks
    Now I like that idea.

sammae01

Ramps on the way. So is my Ohlins shock....

onaiR125

Quote Originally Posted by sammae01 View Post
    Truck Motorcycle Ramp

I was eyeballing this ramp. I wanted to know if anyone else is using the same, or similar ramp on their truck, I know most of you shmucks are balling and have trailers. but there has to be someone on this forum with some info. It will be going on a Ridgeline.

Thanks
    Hey Sammae01, (or anyone that can help me)

I just want to know how things goes with your Motorcycle Ramps?
    I have a Ridgeline also and trying to look for a ramp that I can depend on.
    I was also eyeballing on the same ramp you are, (The Safe T-Ramps)
    Any info or picture you can share about the Safe T-Ramps would be a great help! Thanks!
    ps: I just recently join this club ! its Gggrrreeeaatt !!

benvfr

onaiR125, i tried PM'ing you back, but you cannot accept pm's for some reason. PM me your email address and i can send you pics through that.

sammae01

deng even the aluminum one is still heavy, but its big piece of hardware though. I'll let you know how its goes

Northern RR

Please post up when you get it, I too am looking at a ridgeline and will be getting a set up like this for loading the two bikes into the back.

On a side note how do you like your truck ?

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast