10" ramp end kit
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: 10" ramp end kit

Type Gendy

10" ramp end kit

I scored a nice piece of 2x10x8 to use as a ramp. Its gonna be 95% dirtbike and the occasional sportbike run. I need to find just a single (or pair) set of 10" ramp ends for it but cant seem to find them anywhere. Checked all the local lowes/home depot/ hardware/ tool stores and cant find ****. Anybody know if its possible to get these?

I thought about just buying another plank, but 12" is just too big / heavy/ bulky for what i want, and i feel like the 8" would be a little to tight to load up a sportbike.

2 x 8 Ramp Tops

Theres a pic for reference, but the wrong size

A.F.T.C.T.T.G.

Re: 10" ramp end kit

Northern Tool has them in 8"and 12". You could alway buy the 12's and trim them back

ramps from Northern Tool + Equipment

briflight

Man I love Norther Tool!

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

gt702

Be sure to put a safety strap onto that board that you always tie off to the bumper or someplace. Ramps have a tendency to slide when loaded ... especially with the sport bike, or when the tailgate is waxed or has a liner on it. A step box and a friend to help are also good to have when loading the heavy bike.

briflight

Quote Originally Posted by gt702 View Post
    Be sure to put a safety strap onto that board that you always tie off to the bumper or someplace. Ramps have a tendency to slide when loaded ... especially with the sport bike.
    The aluminum ramp I have came with the straps and the instructions to tie it off to the vehicle. Not as wide as I would like(only 18") but it has a capacity of 1500lbs and is curved so even a Goldwing in the back of my truck is not out of the question.

Question, anybody ever put a big bike like a Goldwing(weight wise) in the back of a Truck, how did it work out?

Type Gendy

I've never had a problem with a rough cut plank and a ramp end on it.... So do they not make 10" ramp kits anywhere?

Type Gendy

12" it is ... i gues

slorider18

Quote Originally Posted by briflight View Post
    The aluminum ramp I have came with the straps and the instructions to tie it off to the vehicle. Not as wide as I would like(only 18") but it has a capacity of 1500lbs and is curved so even a Goldwing in the back of my truck is not out of the question.

Question, anybody ever put a big bike like a Goldwing(weight wise) in the back of a Truck, how did it work out?

as long as the truck as a payload capacity that will hold the goldwing you should have no problem. probably any half ton truck will do.