What truck will a 1K fit in?
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: What truck will a 1K fit in?

HCCAFan

What truck will a 1K fit in?

The wife and I want a truck once this Summer is gone. The justification for trading in the Blazer is so my bike can fit in it and we want a truck with 4 doors so the dogs can ride inside if they need to. Will it fit in the back of a Tacoma 4 door with that short bed they have and the tailgate down? I can't afford a full size 4x4 with 4 doors.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: What truck will a 1K fit in?

I have a short bed 4 door 2007 Tundra and my 1K fits in it... U might have to put it at an angle in the Tacoma but it should fit.. I would measure it to make sure...

Phadreus

HC, I have an '01 Tacoma, Double Cab (extended cab) and it's bed is 72". I can fit my 954 in the rear with the gate up if I put the center of the bike directly behind the passenger center and then kick the bike sideways. If I center the bike, the gate lacks closing by about 6" at the top.

The info I found on the Quad Cab (4 door) said the bed is 65". That doesn't sound right to me, they may be talking about dimensional capacity with the bed extender lowered. Maybe someone else can confirm this.

That info is the same for '98 through '04. The new style, '05 to current is a little larger in size. The Double Cabs have 73.5" of bed and the Quad Cabs have 60.3".

No matter what year and bed configuration, you won't be able to put the bike in straight and close the gate. If you don't mind leaving the gate down, any of them will haul your bike.

A semi-related comment, I have an '01, V6, Extended Cab, 4X4 and is has been absolutely, hands down the best vehicle I have ever owned. I have 130K+ miles on it and it's been to the dealership for service once (emergency brake seized 'cause I didn't use it regularly, like the manual says to do). I'm still on the original brakes and they'll easily go another 30K miles.

My wife has the same vehicle only in a 4Runner and hers has 185K+ miles and since new, hers has only had a Starter, 2 new sets of Tires and two sets of Brakes on the Front. Rears are still original.

Toyota knows how to build a vehicle. Ya can't go wrong with 'em.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Phadreus

HC, hope this gives ya some idea. The perspective is a little off to see the rear wheel hanging over about 3".
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What truck will a 1K fit in?-marks-954-11-05-03.jpg  

HCCAFan

Thanks Phad...So you think with the tailgate down in a double cab new style Tacoma it will fit straight? 60.3" seems a lot shorter that what you have.

I had a 2000 extended cab 4x4 Tacoma that I loved before I went in the Army. I had it sold because after not driving it for a couple years the insurance/payments seemed a little pointless. I know it would have fit in there as I hauled my buddys 600 in it just fine but with these big dogs and maybe kids one day I need the 4 door.

Phadreus

I think it would fit in a 4 Door with the gate down, but I would most definately measure before dropping the cash. Now ya got me really curious. I'm gonna have to swing by my local dealership tomorrow while out tooling around and measure. I'll post my exact measurements when I get them.

I just measured my 954 and it is (as close as I can get with a yard stick) 66" long from tip od tire to tip of tire.

Something to consider; you can pick up an enclosed trailer for about $2500, which would be the berries for hauling the bike. Then you could by the 4 door, and have the small bed for coolers, lugage, pit bike and so on...

cbrlvr07

I like the trailer idea. I have a '99 Tacoma ext cab also. Picked up my '954 from NH and brought it down to NY with no problem. Had it straight, with tailgate down. They make nice handlebar tie down straps with padding that won't scratch the bike.

Also was doing way over the speed limit, but don't tell anyone.......had to get her home!!!

jrocket

I got my 929 in our Element!! Don't suppose that counts, eh?

J
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails What truck will a 1K fit in?-p4190016.jpg   What truck will a 1K fit in?-p4190015.jpg  

cbrlvr07

Oh my .........what was that ride like??

Anyone have any xperience with the Ridgeline?? They're pretty cool with the trunk and all, but heard they suck in the sand....

jrocket

The ride home was quite cramped. My wife drove and not having any tiedowns or straps, I was forced to hold the bike up the entire way. I wouldn't recommend it, but know if I have to do it again I can.
    J

HCCAFan

There was enough height in the Element? Did you have to take the windshield off or anything?

Yes Pilots suck in the sand.

Phadreus

Jrocket, that seems funny to me; I'll bet your 929 has more power than your Element. Course you couldn't do the reverse; haul your Element in your 929's trunk...

Your photos just once again shows "necessity is the mother of invention".

longbreakdown

I know the 2007 Tacoma's have 2 bed length options, it's uncommon to see the longbed on the 4 door though. Looks like a bike would fit with the tailgate up......something to look into.

jrocket

I only had to swing the mirrors out of the way and "slightly" bend the wind-screen down to get it in. After that it just rolled on it like it was supposed to be there. A friend said it looked like a momma honda with a baby honda in it's belly.
    I had my doubts but my wife kept insisting her Element was the bomb and could haul it home. I listen to her more and more these days.

Gotta love Hondas!

juspimpin

I have a lifted excursion with over 8 ft behind the front seats...never contemplated this before...might have to see if it will fit in there....I even have tie down rings...but I also have a trailer

Sweet pic jrocket