Any SUV that can fit a motorcycle inside?
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: Any SUV that can fit a motorcycle inside?

ucfmotorcycle1

Any SUV that can fit a motorcycle inside?

I'd like to get rid of my truck and drive a car again. My girlfriend wants another SUV and I was thinking if I could get her to buy one that can fit my bike in it I really wouldn't need a truck.

Are there any SUV's that can fit a bike inside? I don't think there are but I am hoping therefore I ask.
    I know the Avalanch thingy is convertible but its still basically a pickup. SHe won't go for it.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Re: Any SUV that can fit a motorcycle inside?

Not likely... Unless you consider a cargo van to be a SUV.

ucfmotorcycle1

Not even the massive Escalade or Tahoe? I guess the inside height is the issue.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Maybe if you take off the windscreen or the front fairing it would fit. Might need an Excursion or similar.

DVIII

i have seen people put bikes in minivans....

ezekiel808

unless you feel like removing parts and or getting a strap to squat the bike the smallest van you can get is a utility van. i had an astro van once that i bought partially for hauling my bike but it turned out to be to small. had to remove the windscreen and compress the forks to fit.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Someone on here has pics of a 929 in a Honda Element. Looked like it fit all right but was leaning over a bit.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Last edited by Maholli; 11-14-2007 at 8:55 AM.

ucfmotorcycle1

If it can fit in an element, can't it with in an Escalade?

9two9rider

My 929 fit real well inside a '95 Astro Van. Drilled some eyebolts into the frame at the four corners for tiedowns, and threw a ramp in the back. That worked for me. During hurricane season, it doubled as a garage!

jrocket

Quote Originally Posted by Maholli View Post
    That was mine! Yeah, the bike fit, but as you can see it was pretty tight. We didn't have the rear seats out and I had to sit back there with it 'cause we didn't have any tie-downs.
    This was a rescue-from-a-flat kinda deal. We got the Element because we ride/race mountain bikes and have dogs. We liked the lower floor and higher roof which allow us to roll our bikes right in w/out taking the wheels off. I don't know of many other SUVs that have that feature. You may be better off looking at a small trailer for your bike, which is something we've talked about as well. Good luck with your search!
    J

UncleJesse954

toyota tacoma x runner. its only a pickup truck with the bike in the back. take that out and its an awesome sports car in disguise

-Z-

I don't really know about SUVs, but I've moved a Honda Interceptor in a Toyota Sienna before. Honestly, the hardest part by far was getting it up in there by myself. At least at the dealership I got a couple of guys from the service department to help me unload it.

Gerhardus501

Do you perhaps have the Mersedes Vito there, it works wonderfully!

f1_hurricane

would she consider a ford sport-trac? same size inside as a car with a little junior box and an extended box cargo cage thing...

Travis94ZX

Try a Mazda Miata...

haha

UncleJesse954

haha. how bout a compromise. the one spending the most money on the vehicle should have the most say about what it's going to be. what do YOU want to haul YOUR bike around. of course the most obvious and reasonable answer is a pickup. tell your girlfriend it can be a NICE pickup with roomy interior. the closest i would go to an suv would be subaru forester turbo xt or gmc typhoon (hehe). i dont see the reason for all this overgrown crap with a big v8 under the hood sucking down the fuel and all people haul with it is a bike/boat/jet ski/sleds. all v6 work. no need for navigator/excursion/escalade. but if you must impress your girlfriend/your friends/her friends by buying the biggest heaviest thing on the road and gassing it up all the time. have fun!

UncleJesse954

oh yeah. i guess she's the one buying huh. well i dont know what to tell ya. honda element maybe? subaru baja (i know. they're hideous). trailer hitch

Brooklyn RR

A windstar or any large ford van will fit a bike in it. SUV is almost impossible, unless u lay it down.

croue

I've seen sportbikes fit in the Chevy Astro Minivan (actually, it was my 954 alongside an RGV250) without taking off any parts. No double bubbles though.

I've also seen a gixxer fit in a Honday Odyssey, but I can't remember if he took off the windscreen.
    The cool thing about hauling in a van is you won't attract unwanted attention at the hotel when traveling to the track and you don't have to haul all your **** in every night!

C

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Search tags for this page

can a motorcycle fit in a suv

can any suv fit a motorcycle
can i fit a motorcycle in a suv

can you fit a kawasaki motorcycle in an suv

can you fit a motorcycle in a suv

motorcycle fit in suv

suv that can fit a motorcycle

will a motorcycle fit in a suv

Click on a term to search our sites for related topics.