Only Two Tie-Downs?
Close
Login to Your Account
Honda Pioneer Forums - Powered by vBulletin

Thread: Only Two Tie-Downs?

SilverSpork

Only Two Tie-Downs?

Some friends and I are trying to transport our three bikes roughly 300miles and recently saw a slight problem. I have a 06 Dodge Dakota but there are only two-tie downs and they are located in the back on the truck (near the tail-gate). Is all hope lost? Would I be able to fit at least two bikes?

I usually take my bike alone in my Ford Ranger which has 4 tie-downs and use them all.

Thank You!

WyoJames

Re: Only Two Tie-Downs?

there are no tiedowns at the front of the bed? wow, thats weird...are you opposed to adding your own tiedowns? Pretty simple procedure

SilverSpork

I thought about it but I'm not up for cutting the bed liner and drilling the bed for a one time haul. I thought it might have been possible to face one bike forward tie the front end down and face the other backward and tie that end down. It turns out I'm down to two bikes now.

4. Remove Advertisements
    PioneerForums.com
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I bought some additonal tie downs for my truck bed because I didn't wanna tie my bike down to the bed rail system. They are toyota parts but they were only $20. if you get the chance check out the 2 tie downs in the floor of the bed in 05+ Tacomas. I added 2 of them to the front. You could easily buy them and put them in any truck and for $20 its worth it.
    "let's face it when you went into that voting booth you had a choice between 2 bowls of sh!t. the only difference was the smell"

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Probably way to late to be of help, but if you have a plastic bed liner, the front hooks might be hiding behind it. Maybe pull it out and check.