Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Okay, so I got myself a pristine '02 XR400 (because Conq was too firm on his pricing :rant: ). I went farting around Saturday with a buddy of mine who just got his new '05 CRF450. He's a long-time dirt rider/motocrosser, and I'm not, so that explained the brown stains in my shorts after I got off of that thing. :eek: WHAT A FRICKING BEAST! :eek: 4th gear roll-on wheelies in loose soil with my heavy ass on the front of the seat - YEEHAAAWWW!!!! My talent level is nowhere near being able to handle such a bike, but man, that doesn't mean I don't want one now, its power and handling are seriously addictive!

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
ConqSoft said:
(I just lowered mine to $3500. :rasp: )
Yeah, and had you done that a month ago, I would have bought it. :moon:

G

·
Man you aren't kidding about the power, my buddy races one and we were racing a county fair supercross this summer and he left the gate in 2nd and never shifted the bike (small tight technical track) and ended up 2nd place out of 14 in 250 A running both mains in 2nd gear start to finish. Awesome bike.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
dB said:
Pete! :freebird:

I want a good deal on a XR400, but you're both too far away.
Well, I won't be selling mine anytime soon. My next purchase will be another sportbike, but even if I were to step up to something like the CRF450, I'd keep the 400 for my wife. She's already having fun on it. :thumb:

Good used XR400s seem tough to find around here. I had a deal struck on a certain '02 that fell through when the guy told me he'd forgotten to mention a broken/welded gear shaft. I had a stroke of good luck moments later when a friend sent me a link to a local dirt board that I'd not known about, and there was an even better '02 listed for a better price. Those were the only two I could find within 200 miles of here that weren't almost brand new at reasonable prices.

G

·
Those 450's are fun aren't they! I have ridden a bunch of the big thumpers and everytime I get off them I check my shorts and it takes me 30 minutes to get the grin off my face. For my tiny ass, it's just too much bike with my riding skills. Maybe in a year or two I'll pick one up but for now I'm more then happy with my CRF250R.

Dano

G

·
Pete said:
:eek: WHAT A FRICKING BEAST! :eek: 4th gear roll-on wheelies in loose soil with my heavy ass on the front of the seat - YEEHAAAWWW!!!!
Alright, how long until we get you back on a street bike.

·
Registered
107 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
EDDIE110171 said:
Alright, how long until we get you back on a street bike.
Within a couple of months is my current plan.

G

·
The "pucker-factor" on a 525 is almost unbelievable. I told my buddy when I took his for a ride, that I wanted a picture of me holding onto the bars with my feet straight out behind me Superman style, as I went by screaming for my life. He said he could here me over his Doma exhaust on the other side of the track. I wouldn't doubt it cause I was screaing like a little kid every time I smacked the throttle open on that thing.

Dano

G

·
I've only ridden a CRF450 on pavement but that was quite an unreal experience, had it had street tires on it the experience would have probably not have been as scary, man those knobby tires slide easy :lol:

1 - 13 of 13 Posts