Honda Pioneer Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Guys, as soon as I pay off my Honda, I will be purchasing a new truck. I am partial to Dodge, but have owned Chevy's. The only Fords I have owned were mustangs and rangers. I am looking into 3/4 ton 4x4 crew cab, most likely gas because I can not justify buying a diesel. What kind of MPG do you guys get?

I looked at an Ecoboost, have not driven it yet, but have heard good on MPG.

Thoughts and comments please!!!

·
Registered
52 Posts
I peronally decided you can never have to much truck but you can have not enough so I now have a 2000 Excursion diesel with 191,000 and 35" tires and still get 20+ on the highway at 80mph but if I was in the market for a new 1/2 ton I would absolutely be getting the Ecoboost...I have three friends in So.Cal with them and all have had no problems and love the truck and I have been in them and can say they are no slouch on the giddy up and seem to sip fuel (compared to the V-8's) when not hard on the go peddle...hard to beat in my opinion.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I peronally decided you can never have to much truck but you can have not enough so I now have a 2000 Excursion diesel with 191,000 and 35" tires and still get 20+ on the highway at 80mph but if I was in the market for a new 1/2 ton I would absolutely be getting the Ecoboost...I have three friends in So.Cal with them and all have had no problems and love the truck and I have been in them and can say they are no slouch on the giddy up and seem to sip fuel (compared to the V-8's) when not hard on the go peddle...hard to beat in my opinion.
If I did go Ecoboost, I would add an add a leaf or bags to the rear. I wish they would consider the Eco in a 3/4 ton.

I have been researching 1/2 ton Diesels that are "coming soon". This would be more up my alley for what I am needing (wanting) it for.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
no 1/2 ton diesel for chevy I found out today......

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Bought a 2013 LWB crew cab 4x4 Dodge cummins tonight....no more searching

·
Registered
60 Posts
Congrats on the Dodge. I have a 06' Mega Cab 3500 Dually. Best and fastest truck I've ever owned.
I get around 19 to 20 mpg cruising around 70 plus.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Congrats on the Dodge. I have a 06' Mega Cab 3500 Dually. Best and fastest truck I've ever owned.
I get around 19 to 20 mpg cruising around 70 plus.
I hope to get that, all the emission junk they have now is retarded...my 04 hemi was louder than this truck!

1 - 7 of 7 Posts