Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Thinking about getting a 1 pc leather suit.
I may buy one that I cannot try on (poss ebay).
I am wondering how different brands tend to fit. I have tried on several brands, AGV, Tecknics, and Frank Thomas. They have seemed to be fairly consistant brand to brand size wise.
Does anyone have any experiance with other brands, like Vanson, Dainese, Alpinestars, etc, and how the run size wise compared to the ones I named?
Thanks!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
My suggestion would be to look on the Mfg's website for a size guide and go by that. If you are between sizes go with the larger size.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Quit dealing with shifty dealers :idunno: If you pay a bit more you get this thing called service ;)

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Brings up another question.
I have found several nice suits that have scuffs. If a suit has a scuff (no seam tear or holes), will it cause problems in a tech inspection for a trackday. More importantly, will it cause any safety issues?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
Measure yourself or have a tailer do it. some manufacturers have guides for measuring yourself. You can pick up a suit for as little as 339 new!

Cal-Sportbike >>> Speedo Healer, Galfer Brakes, Gear Indicator Pro, Elka Suspension, Shogun Sliders.

not sure how good they are but have to be better than nothing. PM Todd from calsportbike. he may have some insight. You can't exchange a suit from ebay.

Good luck.

Scuffs on a suit that you think is decent enoff to buy should pass tech without a problem. holes will be a problem. buy the above cheepe it willl serve you well till you can afford custom leathers for well look at my avater.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Measure yourself or have a tailer do it. some manufacturers have guides for measuring yourself. You can pick up a suit for as little as 339 new!

Cal-Sportbike >>> Speedo Healer, Galfer Brakes, Gear Indicator Pro, Elka Suspension, Shogun Sliders.

not sure how good they are but have to be better than nothing. PM Todd from calsportbike. he may have some insight. You can't exchange a suit from ebay.

Good luck.

Scuffs on a suit that you think is decent enoff to buy should pass tech without a problem. holes will be a problem. buy the above cheepe it willl serve you well till you can afford custom leathers for well look at my avater.
Thanks!
That suit looks good! It's not gonna make me seek out sheep pastures is it? :rotfl:
Do you think it's better to get a new cheaper suit, or a used higher line suit?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
Personally i don't like other peoples funk. if you do find a good used suit with a removable liner that is not more than a few years old go for it. i would avoid a suit that has been down.

Alot of "high end " stuff is mainly fashion. My suit does not have a ton of armor or titanium elbow sliders. the main thing is that it fits well. not to tight and not too loose. you want to be able to hang off the bike without restriction, but you don't want it to fold up becuase it is to loose.

Look for reviews on the suit on the internet and pm todd. he'll take care of you. I would also pick up an alpinestars Tech backprotector the 100.00 unit . if you don't already have boots i recomend oxtar or garnea. cheaper and won't get caught on the shifter like my sidi pieces oh shit that cost 400.00 smakers.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
Quit dealing with shifty dealers :idunno: If you pay a bit more you get this thing called service ;)
My recent suit purchase came off of Ebay. I have to say his service was very good. Good communication as well and the suit is quality IMO, so don't put down on the internet sellers as the brick and Mortar shops usually don't have any suits in stock either and want to charge you 15% if it don't fit get the right size for you. So with suit purchases the stores do not offer much help, atleast in my area.

I do like being serviced...
TMI

I was talking about buying a used good quality suit.
All I can allocate at this time.:O
If that is what you can afford the by all means go for it.
If you do not mind, What is your budget for this purchase?

Brings up another question.
I have found several nice suits that have scuffs. If a suit has a scuff (no seam tear or holes), will it cause problems in a tech inspection for a trackday. More importantly, will it cause any safety issues?
Ha Ha
You get some "Looks" but if the threads are there and there are no holes it will pass tech.

Good luck.

Todd is a stand up guy and will not steer you wrong. If you can do it buy new but sometimes you can get a deal on a higher end suit that has little to no damage. The guy may be getting rid of the for color reasons, and not safety issues.

Do you think it's better to get a new cheaper suit, or a used higher line suit?
Depends on the deal and the individuals preferance.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #12 ·
Sheep, you are BAAAA-D!

Hammer, I am looking to spend around $300 at this point.
I can and will go higher if it is necessary. Or really advantageous.
I don't know how much time I will be able to devote to the track at this point, and would rather not get too heavily into it financially till I have spent some time on the track.
Don't want to scrimp on safety though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #14 ·
I don't know how much time I will be able to devote to the track at this point, and would rather not get too heavily into it financially till I have spent some time on the track.
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: your screwed. All i think about is getting to the track!

Like i was told "hand your plastic fantastic to the moto gods."

G

·
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
Sheep, you are BAAAA-D!

Hammer, I am looking to spend around $300 at this point.
I can and will go higher if it is necessary. Or really advantageous.
Depending on who you ride with you can rent a suit. Get the boots, gloves, backprotector, helmet (you need those anyway). When you are hooked you can evaluate cost better :thumb:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl::rotfl: your screwed. All i think about is getting to the track!

Like i was told "hand your plastic fantastic to the moto gods."
Thanks for confirming my fears, buddy!
Woe is me, I am doomed!:crap:
:rotfl:

G

·
Discussion Starter · #17 ·
Depending on who you ride with you can rent a suit. Get the boots, gloves, backprotector, helmet (you need those anyway). When you are hooked you can evaluate cost better :thumb:
Thanks!
I have heard about that. I am hoping to make it to the Ed Bargy school at Jennings on 12/30. They say they have "limited leather rentals". I don't know how to confirm if they have one in my size and reserve it, if possible. I will check into it more.
Since the 929 hasn't sold I plan to use it for the school, then evaluate what to do after that.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.