Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone here have one or know someone that does*?
Thoughts..opinions...gripes?

(just doing some very premeditated research at this point)

·
Registered
13 Posts
Ive started to look art them as well as I very well may get one instead of another 51 first... I havent ridden one yet though.
Chris

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
It's a tossup...tried and true (and cheap!) 05/06 WR450f, or CRfX...

Buddy has a 250x and although it's a dang nice bike - I've had 3 blue bikes and not a one has given me issues. Big red seems to have either a higher quotient of idiot ownership or a few kinks in the buildline. Whatever it amounts to - I don't know a single person owning a 450x.

(I lurk at TT, but over there it's just a dryhump fest if you ask in the 450 forum, and a flamefest if you ask anywhere else)

·
Registered
175 Posts
I rode Trackho's 04 (I think it is).

G

·
I'm also considering to get a 450 enduro bike, and i'm looking for some more feedback on them. I'd really like the crf x , but i guess i could try a blue one for once, as there seems to be more around.

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I'm also considering to get a 450 enduro bike, and i'm looking for some more feedback on them. I'd really like the crf x , but i guess i could try a blue one for once, as there seems to be more around.
The 450x I spoke of above has 29 miles on it and is sitting in a garage about to get a for sale sign on it. Want it?

I'm in Boston, but Albany ain't that far away :D

G

·
interested...... but may be out of my price range.

can you hit me on aim? type gendy

or email some more info about it? kawai_joe at hotmail.com

G

·
I love mine. I'd take it over an R any day.

You can find a bunch of X related articles and links to X only forums at CRF450X

You get a bunch of people that knock the bike, but once you jet it and get it all worked out it'll run right with the Rs without a problem. I haven't ridden with anyone that has a bike that out powers mine.

G

·
I've had several 450x's and both were by far the most fun I've had on a bike to date. One was new, then moved, sold it and bought a used one (looks new). If I have the throttle full open in 5th gear, it's time to shut off as I am going wayyyyy to fast.
I have been riding both road and dirt since 1981, and still get an adrenaline rush when riding this bike.

As for the maintenance, change the oil regularly, check the valves and keep the air filter clean, you should have minimal problems...

Gety one you won't regret it...

1 - 12 of 12 Posts