Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am in the process of fabricating my A-arm protectors. I was wondering how high the aluminum comes up to protect the cv joints. If someone could measure both the front and back A-arm guards it would be appreciated.
Thanks, BR

·
Registered
277 Posts
Please keep in mind tire/wheel location is always mentioned as if you were sitting in the driver’s seat facing forward. :thumb:

Here is a picture of the left front,

Right front,

Distance from control arm to chassis pivot point,

Height of front protector, Almost 4 inches,

Brackets Honda uses to attach them and the protector height at the rear. Bolts are counter sunk. (picture was taken from behind left front tire),

REAR END – Left rear,

Right rear,

Picture taken at the front of the left rear wheel,

Height of control arm protector as seen from the rear, a little over 3 inches,

Hope that helps you a bit :cheers:

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you very much.
I see they offer some protection but they do not go the length of the A-arm. Do you think the aluminum should run the length of the A-arm?
Is the main purpose to protect from anything getting in from underside?

I took some cardboard last night and made some prototypes. I will post some pictures when they are done.

·
Registered
277 Posts
To respond to your question yes the metal needs to go further down the control arm / A arm.
If you look at my pictures they tell a story. While it’s not clear in the pictures there is a fair amount of debris on the right front. In my opinion it is because the metal doesn’t extend further down the arm. And in the front of the rear arms there should be metal there also, look at all the dried swamp grass reeds on the left rear control arm (picture 6) I feel this would be reduced with the same metal in the front of the control arm.
Don’t forget to remove the spring/shock assembly so you can tell how much additional metal to add. Removing the spring will allow you to raise and lower the spindle assembly freely with a floor jack while turning the steering wheel to check clearance.
And yes we would all like to see pictures :thumb:

1 - 4 of 4 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.