Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Everyone,

I have an Icon Motorhead jacket I bought a few inches on the large side to fit some protection under for spirited street riding.

I want to pull out the stock foam and replace it with either:

A* Bionic Protector Jacket
Alpinestars Bionic Protector Jacket - Alpinestars Back Protection & Armor - KneeDraggers.com

of A* S-MX Bionic protector Jacket
Alpinestars S-MX Bionic Protector Jacket - Alpinestars Back Protection & Armor - KneeDraggers.com

The price difference is large, I ride in hot weather, ALL the time here in Saudi Arabia. I can't see any big difference between them other then the shoulder pads and the backing material.

What would you buy?

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The Astars pieces are pretty similar, Type-A sized CE shoulder and elbow armor. The Astars back protecotrs are not the best for the price at all, one time use EPS core, bulky, and not as protective as other options. The chest protection is neglible, eventhough it's covered.

Check-out any of these options for a real performance upgrade to the armor:

Armor

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I see they have a nice back protector, nothing really comparable to the A* stuff. I will keep this in mind for later...

This one I want for the street, down the road I will buy a back protector separately to use in full leathers.

Thank you!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I see they have a nice back protector, nothing really comparable to the A* stuff. I will keep this in mind for later...

This one I want for the street, down the road I will buy a back protector separately to use in full leathers.

Thank you!
They have a shirt that includes the shoulder, elbow, and chest pieces, but no longer includes the back protector in the newest model. It is much more expensive, but it's much better armor in terms of impact performance and coverage.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
I agree after looking at the products you mentioned, they are a superior product. Now I just hope they will ship to me!

Thank you!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
As an update for anyone interested or in the sake of helping someone in the future who make use the search function...

I ended up buying the full set of Forcefeild armor directly from T pro.

The Shirt is nicely made; however the armor is very uncomfortable. I tried taking out all the armor from my jacket and wearing the shirt. However the armor in the shirt is too hard to wear against the joints for long. After about 1 hour it was so painfull I had to take it off. I will more then likely never use it again.

I also ordered the pants, with the idea of wearing them under Icon pants for a high level of protection. They are ok. Not really all that comfortable. The sizing is a bit small and the built in protection in the ass hurts a lot as the seat pushes it into you skin. You cannot take it off without cutting it off. Also, the knee armor is identical to the shoulder armor. It's ok when your knees are bent, other then that it hurts though. So in short don't do anything that will require you to sit for long, or keep your legs straight for long, aka standing up.

The back protector is MINT. I doubt I will ever ride without it again. So i think this order cost me around $550 and all I will ever use is the back protector. Great!

G

·
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
this is the problem with not being able to go to the stealership and try everything on. Caveat Emptor on the internet dude. Sorry for your loss

1 - 9 of 9 Posts