Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 3 of 3 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anyone know about the a* smx 1 race suit? I'm thinking about buying one, any insight would be helpful.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
kawboy69 said:
Anyone know about the a* smx 1 race suit? I'm thinking about buying one, any insight would be helpful.
Great fit, quality, & comfort, as with most all A* stuff.

I didn't think the scoops moved much if any air. The external plastic knee armor really scuffed the paint on the side of my gas tank (red 1000RR). The pucks are about $10-$15 more expensive than regular A* velcro pucks. The upper portion of the back protector was built into the plastic 'hump'; the separate lower back protector liked to sag within the suit (between the leather & the liner) after you take the suit off, so you'd have to lift it back up when you put the suit on. I would usually have to dig the lower back protector's straps out (through slits in the liner) & un-twirl them when putting the suit on, too.

All the unusual features seemed like a good idea in theory, but didn't pan out for me in actual use. I feel like they're all relatively minor complaints, but I prefer my new 'regular style' suit (perforated, internal armor, velcro pucks) and separate back protector.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.