Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 5 of 5 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi everyone. I saw the other day some of you were talking about the Ahlmans speedo corrector so I have some questions. Is it easy to use and set up? Do they make one for a 954? ( I ask because I went to his website and it did not mention anything about a 954). Do you have to cut any wires or does it just plug in? Thanks.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
yeah, that thing works great! i'm dialed in perfect here finally!

pretty easy to install once u find the right connection

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
The install is very easy, and the component is a must-have:

<The install is a piece of cake. The only thing you need to remove is the seat - no need to mess with the tank or any plastics. While looking in from the right side of the bike, you will see a wire coming from the top of the transmission case, right above where the countershaft resides. Follow it up to a vinyl boot and you will find the connecter. Simply plug the correction unit into these and mount somewhere under the seat. I ended up setting the dip switches for 12%.

There is room in the right front portion of the storage compartment to mount the unit. I used velcro for attachment and dremeled out a bit of plastic so the wires would not get pinched.>

I have since reset mine for 11.5% on the 954 as I think 12% was a bit high, but still have not checked it again with GPS to confirm this. This will definitely get you in the ball park though.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts