Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Is anyone using an aftermarket air filter?? I notice the UNI filter is advertised everywhere and wonder if anyone has had any experience with this filter in the Big Red?? Does K&N make a filter for the Big Red?? If so, what is the part number??

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Where we ride we have a ton of dust and I like the idea of having a quality filter that can be cleaned and replaced on a regular basis. Also have a Polaris RZR which has a history of serious intake issues that have ruined lots of motors......so I am very cautious with dust into the motor. Honda may already have the best filter available??.....but that is also what Polaris thought before they rebuilt the top end (under warranty) on a lot of machines.

·
Registered
148 Posts
i had a complete rebuild from piston, cam. crank, & valves because of bad air with 60 hours on the unit. i was using a uni, but no oil...stupid me. i also have since installed a snorkel to try and acheive a better source of air. i now have 2 stock filters, oiled, and the uni. i can swap and always have a clean filter. i can not stress enough use oil on your filters after cleaning!

K&N does make a filter. it is the same one as the rincon, but my dealer recommended against it. he was running a uni.

·
Registered
13 Posts
K&Ns flow more air because they let more stuff through. An old rule of thumb was to use K&N on street applications and use a good oiled foam for dirt...
Unis have been good for me. The stock one is pretty good too. I do see the wisdom of the snorkle just for the air source.:plus1:
Bert

·
Registered
167 Posts
Hacked?

What is with the above two posts? Are we being hacked?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.