Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi Guys!!

I just bought myself a a SMX 4...Just a question...How long did it take your you all to get used to shifting using the boots???

Apologies if this is a stupid question..

cheers

DD

G

·
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
I find shifting while wearing proper riding boots much easier than wearing tennis shoes.......IMO

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Yea boots are the best I don't or wouldn't recommend just everyday tennis shoes at least wear Doc's or something but my Alpinestar boots are the best! I guess it took me like a week to really break them in....

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
it took me a good few rides to get used to my boots. I don't know if it was the initial stiffness of the boot or if i just wasn't used to boots in general, but i had a hard time shifting with my smx plus boots. they broke in pretty fast though, so i wouldn't worry too much.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
When going to boots (which I won't ride without) you may need to adjust your shifter position a little to get the contact point right. The thickness at the toe is likely thicker than your tennies. Once I fixed that, the shifting became pretty easy and accurate.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
When going to boots (which I won't ride without) you may need to adjust your shifter position a little to get the contact point right. The thickness at the toe is likely thicker than your tennies. Once I fixed that, the shifting became pretty easy and accurate.
+1
I had to raise mine a bit.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.