Honda Pioneer Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts
G

·
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Looking for any feedback on these jackets. I have seen them in person but of course noone has any in my size to try on. I am 5'10 215lbs some jackets I have tried like first gear I am a 46 yet the JR blaster jacket I tried on was to tight in the 46. Any help would be appreciated.

Tom

G

·
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
I've got the V4 jacket and the wife has the Dyno jacket. I'm 5'11 190lbs and I got the 52/42. It's snug but that's the way I was told it should fit. As far as quality, it's holding up well. I haven't crashed tested it and hope not to. I got the black/silver and it's pretty warm in the summer. Let me know if you have any other questions.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
g/f Tammy has the 4W stunt. black / silver / white. nice jacket overall well put together. I am biased when it comes to A-star stuff, i just like it.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I have a Haga 1 piece suit. Size-wise, I think Alpinestars run smaller compared to other brands.

I do love it though.

G

·
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
How are the alpinestars in the padding dept?  I know all leather is warm in the summer but once moving is it bearable?

Thanks to all for the responses.  Seems like alpinestars is the way I am gonna be heading once the dealers around here get in some new stock that I can try on.

Tom

G

·
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
The biggest problem with A-Stars is that noone around here carries any surplus of them.  Everyone is more then willing to special order them but how can I order something I dont know if I will like.  I found that I am a 46 after finding a left over jacket stuck in the pile at my local dealer. I think I am going to order the stunt jacket. Looks like a good jacket for the price plus I love the pref. Any other A-stars jackets have pref?

Tom

G

·
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
I figured the pref jackets would get cold but it cant be any worse then riding in 60 degree weather with my pheonix jacket and a long sleeve tshirt like I did in the end of March and a few chilly nights last week. we shall see what happens over the next few weeks I might just change my mind again its been known to happen now and again  

Tom

G

·
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I have a T-Stunt Airflow textile jacket. The only problem with these is that the sizing is a little too vague. The large is a little too small and the xl is a little too big. Dont have any input for the leather jackets though.
My ex crashed her bike on the highway in a Dyno jacket and it held up fairly well. Had a couple small areas of stitching come loose but they were just on trim pieces...nothing critical.

·
Registered
45 Posts
freq : I am biased when it comes to A-star stuff, i just like it.

They have excellent gear. I have a pair of GP plus gloves and SMX plus boots, very satisfied with both. Their gear is generally on the 'smaller' side of things because they model them after Europeans who are generally thinner then most Americans.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts